PDA

View Full Version : Southern Counties Ducati Meet, Easter Sunday

CK & AK
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Date for the diaries:

Easter Sunday, forget the chocolate eggs etc (or scoff them first!), and mosey down to Box Hill for the:

2nd Southern Counties Ducati meet. Box Hill Lower car park - the side one, from 10.30 till midday.
Ride to the Mucky Duck after for some more coffees/lunch etc (new chef Jen!!! ;) )

Last year there were over 70 Ducati's there - a great turn out equally from the UKMOC & DSC - a good chance to start the season & meet new & old faces.

Meet points - PLEASE ARRIVE AT MEET POINT WITH A FULL TANK (will be updated as places are added)
All are joint meets for DSC & UKMOC - anyone on a Ducati!!

Berks/Oxon region: Old Devil pub car park, Knowl Hill - on A4, to the west of Maidenhead. (send PM to CK for directions if needed) Meet from 9am - leaving 09.30hrs prompt - led by Everton (on a red 999 or Multistrada)

Sussex region: Bury Hill car park, nr Arundel
Leaving 09.30hrs prompt - led by Psychlist

Hants region Alton Station car park
Leaving time:9.15/9.30 - led by Dementor & Clockwork Orange

Kent Oakdene Cafe,
leaving time: 9.45 - led by Albie (meet from 9.15)

C :burnout:

edited to add meet points & a reminder that:

The CLOCKS GO FORWARDS 1 HOUR! in the early hours of Sun morning!

JMo
01-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Indeed - it is a top day out! and I can vouch for the food at the 'Duck, just as long as you get there in time eh? - I admit I had a Michael Douglas 'Falling Down' moment there once (or was it twice) at 8.31pm... ahem.

Anyways, hope the Sussex contingent will support this one again as it really is a great start to the year as you say - who knows, we might even see Flip out this year... I unfortunately will be up to my arse in mud that weekend in deepest Wales, but I'll be thinking of you all...

xxx

psychlist
02-03-2005, 06:01 AM
... I unfortunately will be up to my arse in mud that weekend in deepest Wales, but I'll be thinking of you all...

xxx

People apply the strangest beauty treatments these days! :eek:

CK & AK
02-03-2005, 09:06 AM
People apply the strangest beauty treatments these days! :eek:

best not say much more Psy ;) :lol:

do remember, you dont need to be a member of any of the Ducati clubs to turn up for this one - maybe rattle your non-ducati-riding mates up too, to come along for a social ?

NattyBoy
04-03-2005, 01:13 PM
c u there !!

nat

queen_gpants
04-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Count me and Radar in for this one :)

CK & AK
04-03-2005, 01:49 PM
c u there !!

nat

going to bring a truck full of bling bits Nat? :lol: :lol: ;) :D

can just see you at the entrance to the car park........ :lol:

C

SteveSki
04-03-2005, 02:01 PM
What area are we talking about??
as it's been so long i'd like to say "hey"

SteveSki
04-03-2005, 02:02 PM
What area are we talking about??
as it's been so long i'd like to say "hey" :D

CK & AK
04-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Box Hill is in Surrey Steve, close to Dorking & M25 - junction 9 (5 mins)
Hope you can make it!

C :)

The Kevlar Kid
04-03-2005, 03:25 PM
At risk of sounding like the complete Muppet I am, when is Easter Sunday?????? :o

CK & AK
04-03-2005, 04:13 PM
not a muppet mate - maybe a numpty? :lol:

sorry, its on Sunday 27th March.

there is racing at Brands the next day - Bank Hol Monday (28th March)

C

The Kevlar Kid
04-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Right, time to get the bike fixed then.

If I can sort it out I'll be there as well....

CK & AK
04-03-2005, 06:58 PM
KK - if you like, I'll let you know nearer the time, as there is very likely to be a group coming down you can meet up with, from the DSC - might be meeting at Hockcliffe, or similar, but could be wrong (as usual :rolleyes: )

I'll post up any meeting points that I know of, for those coming from further afield - whether they be UKMOC or DSC - its sometimes nice to arrive in a group :D of noisy termi's etc :D

C

CK & AK
14-03-2005, 01:02 PM
boing, just reminding all - its on Sunday week!

:)

CK & AK
15-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Meeting places added to 1st post.

Will update as info comes in.

Pedro
15-03-2005, 04:02 PM
If it's not raining, I'll see you there.

Ped

CK & AK
15-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Long term forecast for next 14 days Ped (in Surrey), warm - about 18-20 degrees this w/end & dry.
A bit of rain on Tues next week - then about 12 degrees (ish ) over Easter w/end & dry - with some Sun! :D

See you soon then :)

singletrack
21-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I haven't been riding long and my husband only passed his test today (Hooray) so we don't feel confident to ride with a big group - or any group at all (especially if it's run by someone called Dementor)! I don't know where Box Hill is.
If we can get away from the kids we are coming from Alton, so how do we get there and at what time?

:burnout:

Nonnie
21-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi Singletrack, congrats to hubby. Can't help you with directions but I'll see you there!

Albie
21-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Singletrack dont be put off by names honestly. Theres some strange ones about. :D

NattyBoy
21-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Im meeting ped and the rabble at Alton..dont worry, we all ride sensibly mate, and more than happy to hold back for some newcomers....

Group ridings great fun..as long as you dont do it with a bunch of muppets !!! And it will be good pratice for the monster weekender !!

Cheers
Nat

CK & AK
21-03-2005, 08:25 PM
singletrack - Roy (aka Dementor) is a lovely chap, and will be going at the speed limits. Clockwork Orange is also running her 620 in, so not much 'whizzing' methinks.

However, if you want to take your own route - thats fine too :)

The very easy way: A31 to join A3 at Guildford, up A3 to join M25 at Junction 10 - heading East towards Leatherhead. Off M25 at next junction (9) for Leatherhead - and follow signs for A24 towards Dorking.
(you can enjoy a better ride by peeling off at Guildford & take the A246 & then A25 to get to Dorking)
You cannot miss the car park - just before a roundabout at the end of a stretch of flat dual carriageway - on the left, 1 mile before you get to Dorking itself!

Go into carpark (2 entry points - one from dual carriageway & other from road to left at roundabout). Find small car park at end of big car park (you need to go under a barrier to get in) - it should be full of assorted Ducati's!

Pedro
21-03-2005, 08:54 PM
CK

as I can't really be ar*ed to get up at stoopid o clock, I'm gonna meet Nat at Four Marks at around 10 and bimble along from there. Think Boozy will be with us too. Anyone else is welcome to tag along.

Hope this helps

Ped

NattyBoy
21-03-2005, 08:57 PM
If im following boozy down..can you get him to tuck his arse in his pants..? :lol: Im still haunted by the mini moto experience... :lol:

Cheers
Nat

Pedro
21-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Considered it done Nat!

Vman
21-03-2005, 10:11 PM
I`ll be at Box hill around 10.30am :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

gary tompkins
21-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Albie will have to bring down my apologies on Sunday, NABD duties will have me working over Easter weekend :(

Hope you all have a great meet, and the weather is kind to us all :)

Albie
21-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Albie will have to bring down my apologies on Sunday, NABD duties will have me working over Easter weekend :(

Hope you all have a great meet, and the weather is kind to us all :)
Are they heavy matey. Will I need a back pack :D :D

No worries Gary. You carry on the good work. You have a free pass.

Take care mate.
Andy
:D :D

BoozyBOB
21-03-2005, 11:37 PM
ok Hampster monsters....
there are 2 options for this MEGA meet..join at Alton at 9:15.. :eek: ..
or be at Four Marks Little Thief for a 10:30 leave (join Ped and me for a breakfast bun)..and we will have a relaxed ride to Box Hill..we will be there for a good chat and meet other Ducati members... ;)

newbies try to make the day..last year was a good 'Ducati' day...and the 'Mucky Duck' has nice food. :lol: ..(dont ask Jen).. :lol:

CK & AK
22-03-2005, 07:34 AM
dont forget we are leaving Box at midday Bob - so not too much time for chatting when you arrive :eek:

singletrack
22-03-2005, 03:13 PM
singletrack - Roy (aka Dementor) is a lovely chap, and will be going at the speed limits. Clockwork Orange is also running her 620 in, so not much 'whizzing' methinks.

However, if you want to take your own route - thats fine too :)

Thanks CK - If we go I think we will make our own way there - your idea and my idea of slow are probably very different. I am still trying to reach the speed limit on winding roads!

clockworkorange
22-03-2005, 06:27 PM

Dementor? At speed limits? Who are you trying to kid C? :twisted:

However, Rob & I will be taking a slowish ride over from Alton Station !! So if anyone wants to tag onto a slow group you're welcome. :)

scrumpster
22-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Not sure what I'm doing yet, but hope to do something, that's if I get munch back in time, he did sorta promise me she would be ready in time, but he's been waiting for parts!! I'm still a novice too don't forget :o

singletrack
23-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Nonnie just reminded me that the clocks go forwards on Saturday night.
So you get even less time in bed before the run on Sunday! :lol:

CK & AK
23-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Just like getting up for work really :rolleyes: - but the chance of a lie in the next morning :D unless off to the BSB :cool:

Albie
23-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Not sure what I'm doing yet, but hope to do something, that's if I get munch back in time, he did sorta promise me she would be ready in time, but he's been waiting for parts!! I'm still a novice too don't forget :o
Novice my A*se. The last rideout you was really good. Those power wheelies were brilliant. And that stoppie well !!! :D :D :rolleyes: Ha ha

CK & AK
24-03-2005, 11:38 AM
update:
have been assured from ride-in leaders that I've spoken to, that they WONT be going any faster than the speed limits laid down for each stretch of road.

BoozyBOB
24-03-2005, 05:35 PM
sorry folks..cant make this one now..have a good one
see you all soon

scrumpster
24-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Novice my A*se. The last rideout you was really good. Those power wheelies were brilliant. And that stoppie well !!! :D :D :rolleyes: Ha ha

Ha bl**dy ha, that was you and NB if my memory serves me correct!!!! :rolleyes:

Albie
25-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Ha bl**dy ha, that was you and NB if my memory serves me correct!!!! :rolleyes:
Oh yeah your rite. Easy tiger. You did alright tho' Naughty Nicholas eh!!!! stoppies out of order. frigghtened me to death. :eek: