PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint.........

Didge
01-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Here's a question for you techies.
If one has a collection of 'slides' on Microsoft Powerpoint, is there anyway to extract them as normal pictures so that they can be viewed say, as Jpegs or whatever?
Ta for any info.

A Yerbury
01-03-2005, 09:47 AM
can you open them in photoshop? If so open em up then convert to rgb, then save as...you may be able to use illustrator? what is the file extension of these things?

Didge
01-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Yerbs, I don't know what the file exts are. Some friends have sent me powerpoint slideshows in the past, and some pictures I'd like to keep.
I have Photostudio 2000, and that doesn't seem to want to know. If I could find out what sort of programme one needs to play around with powerpoint pictures/slides, I'd be halfway there.
I'm gonna go looking on the web for 'Illustrator', and read about it.
Cheers Yerb.

A Yerbury
01-03-2005, 10:23 AM
sent you a pm so email one or load one up here and perhaps we can crack it?

PaulS
01-03-2005, 10:27 AM
If I'm interpreting your problem correctly you have some Powerpoint presentations in "slideshow" format (.pps files), but you don't have a copy of Powerpoint? I can tell you how to export the slides as JPEGS if you do have Powerpoint but otherwise I have no suggestions. I suspect that .pps files are stored in some proprietory Microsoft fashion making them difficult to manipulate with anything other than Powerpoint itself.

rjc
01-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Here's the easy way to do this.

Click on the image in PowerPoint and then copy.

Open Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint.

Click on the blank image that opens when the application starts (or go File->New) and then paste in there.

Then File->Save As..., give it a name, specify the location and change the file type to something useful, ideally jpeg.

Rogerg
01-03-2005, 06:14 PM
in powerpoint, just right click on the pic & choose "Save picture as..."

mind you this is on a Mac - sorry did I swear?

DesmoDog
01-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Its not as easy as that if its a closed slide show and I think this the problem here. You could always do a screen grab and then edit that?

Dave Pearson
01-03-2005, 08:14 PM
I have just tried Snagit while running a Powerpoint Presentation and you can grab an area or a whole window if you want.

More info about Snagit here http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/defaulta.asp

Snagit is superb and excellent value for money.

Didge, if you want me to grab a few images, send me the *.pps file and I'll do them for you.

SimonH
02-03-2005, 05:25 AM
Didge,
which version of powerpoint do you have?
The XP version allows you to save slides directly as .jpg files. If you let me know which version you have then I can check for you.

SimonH

Didge
02-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Simon, I have Powerpoint 2003.

Chappers
02-03-2005, 11:21 AM
If you open up the Powerpoint file and then right click over the picture, you should have the option to 'Photo Editor Photo Object' or 'Object' with an arrow pointing to the right which then gives you the option to 'Edit'.

Click on 'Edit' and this will then open up Microsoft Photo Editor or the equivalent programme you have on there.

All you then do is go to 'File' and 'Save as' *****.jpg

If you like, you can email me your Powerpoint file (as long as it's not rude :lol: ) and I'll save all the pictures for you as jpegs and mail back to you :)