PDA

View Full Version : gawd damm it

Scotty
28-02-2005, 07:54 PM
why oh why oh why is my revcounter playing up, sometimes works doesnt work at idle engine speed and seems more irratic at high reves,
connections are tight inside the instrument pod i almost suspect broken wires in the main loom :(

any other ideas ?

Didge
28-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Is it a Tacho? (Electric). As it could be just the damp. I've got a led tacho, and when it rains, it flickers all over and usually stops working altogether. Once it's dry again, it works fine.

berto
01-03-2005, 07:44 AM
It's fecked,mine did the same after a trackday...had to replace it ...money,money ,money!!

Scotty
01-03-2005, 02:00 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

umm yeah the generic electric thing that came on the bike

damm it if i have to replace it il have to get some outlandish aftermarket thing that wont fit properly :rolleyes:

Scotty
01-03-2005, 02:20 PM
ok how can i test the tachometer then ?
(and what exactly does tachometer mean ?)

must detect the fault

PaulS
01-03-2005, 04:00 PM
ok how can i test the tachometer then ?
(and what exactly does tachometer mean ?)

must detect the fault

The easiest thing to do would be to plug it into another bike that uses the same type of tacho if you know anybody locally that has one. That will confirm if it's a problem with the tacho or elsewhere in your wiring.

bod
01-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Yep agre with the above but if you cant find one you will probably need an osiloscope to check if the taco is reciving the signal.Should be a square wave pulse form the alternator that feeds it/or does it pick it's signal up from the engine ecu?

Scotty
01-03-2005, 05:31 PM
from the ecu according to wiring diagram in back of manual ecu has "body 9 (tachout)"