PDA

View Full Version : Damn Weather...........

Didge
28-02-2005, 07:34 AM
....Just been looking at a news site, and it seems that this freezing weather is in for the best part of the week still, especially in the south-east.
More snow on the way from Tuesday possibly.
Having to work extreme shifts, I find this weather a bloody nightmare to ride to and from work in. I'm really missing riding the Monster, as this winter has been the longest that I've not used it, and I've been going everywhere on the GS.
Roll on summer. :mad:

Tigerlily
28-02-2005, 09:28 AM
The snow started abour 8 this morning up here, and it's been coming down thick and fast ever since :(

gary tompkins
28-02-2005, 09:22 PM
=Didge I'm really missing riding the Monster, as this winter has been the longest that I've not used it, and I've been going everywhere on the GS.
Roll on summer. :mad:

Hear, hear mine has been sitting in the garage since the end of January meet. As fast as one lot of salt & grit gets washed off they chuck more of the poxy stuff down :mad:

Spring can't come soon enough for this monsterer :)

Mand
01-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I've had to resort to public transport!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nik_the_brief
02-03-2005, 09:44 PM
I left my place this morning thinking I was going to have an easy day on a First Aid refresher course. The roads were wet but fine and there was not a speck of snow in sight. My wife had the car for herself and the lads so I got on the bike as usual.

Got to Canterbury slowly through slush. No real problems. Then it started to snow, that big heavy stuff that makes it all go quiet.

Course finished early because of the heavy snow.

When I got to my bike I found it buried in about 4"of snow and I had to the ride those roads they've been showing on the TV news tonight. The detour (to stay on the main roads since they were only just passable) was a total of 40 miles. I was a bit chilly, absofeckinlutely terrified and sliding the whole way home with a back wheel that kept wanting to snap wildly from side to side. My feet didn't leave the ground the entire journey, certainly not an experience I intend to repeat.

Stayeed upright all the way (almost, I had to gently lower it to the ground when she snapped too far sideways as I was trying to pull off on packed snow). No damage to me or the bike but my heart's still beating like a gerbils 3 hours later.

Serves me right for believing the weather forecast that foretold rain. Sadly, so did the council and the roads had not been gritted either. A total nightmare.

Still, now I can be sure that Silky ProFST is up to the job!! :D

gary tompkins
03-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Nik,

You have had it bad at that end of Kent. I met a mate for a beer last night and he said they had nearly a foot in places, and at least 6 inches where he lives at Rainham. He said it was weird cos the minute he crossed the medway on his way to Dartford the snow just dissapeared and it was just wet roads.

Still it'll be spring again soon :D

You know the weathers warming up when girls start showing thier belly button off....

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 01:17 PM
perhaps she is delivering a hydrocephalitic child?

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Water under the bridge now, Alex, let it go!!

Kev Bunney
03-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Nik,

You have had it bad at that end of Kent. I met a mate for a beer last night and he said they had nearly a foot in places, and at least 6 inches where he lives at Rainham. He said it was weird cos the minute he crossed the medway on his way to Dartford the snow just dissapeared and it was just wet roads.

You know the weathers warming up when girls start showing thier belly button off....

You rotten bugger, that`s horrible and I was about to eat !!!

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Water under the bridge now, Alex, let it go!!
water on the brain surely?

Kev Bunney
03-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Talking of things that are a tadge over full, Your PM box is in a similar state Mr Yerbury !

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Its bloody cold here at the moment.
I'll try and give you an update on the temp later.
Is it cold any where else?
I think it might be cold on Friday as well.
Once we get into spring it should get a bit warmer.
Regards.

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
its really cold here we have snow! Im freezing my balls of as I take this picture...

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 04:31 PM
its just got a bit colder.

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 04:36 PM
The snow has melted here, but its still quite cold.
We had snow this morning, but now its gone.
It melted today.
It might snow tonight.
Its certainley cold enough.

Julie
03-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Boys will you please please stop your silly games

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Julie the weather is serious business and actually very interesting. what is more commonplace than an englishman talking about the weather? any way It is still coming down here in france but it is not "settling" here's a quick pic.

Julie
03-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Alex

I agree weather is important and as bikers we like to talk about it.
However we all know you and craig were just taking the pee out of the thread not being of your 'humor'

Just please ...stop being stubborn.

Julie

PS Oh and shave your beard off!

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 05:06 PM
I havn't got a picture of how cold it is here,
But I bet you can imagine.
Not a chance of me !*!*!*!*ing my leg over my bike in this weather.
Im not that hard!!

SAMMYE
03-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Alex

I agree weather is important and as bikers we like to talk about it.
However we all know you and craig were just taking the pee out of the thread not being of your 'humor'

Just please ...stop being stubborn.

Julie

PS Oh and shave your beard off!

Hey I like the Sutcliffe Beard!!!

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 05:12 PM
but its cold so the beard stays!!!!!
Alex.
ps thanks for the support there Sam. maybe it needs a trim though...

LeMarsu
03-03-2005, 05:20 PM
24 hour BAN ....

I have a full time job, and don't want to read you silly posts all day !

Sorry

LeMarsu....

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Nik,

Eeurgh! That's horrible Gary! :D

It remained bad last night down my way, so much so that I didn't bother even trying to get to work this morning. Still at least they're relatively understanding at my place of work and they sent everyone else home too.

I know that this country cannot afford to have a bigger fleet of snowploughs etc. bearing in mind the infrequency of their use here but nevertheless a relatively small amount of snow brings the whole place to a standstill!

The forecasters had been saying all week that they expected a big dump of snow on Wednesday but the council in their inifinite wisdom ignored this fact and decided that they wouldn't bother gritting the roads the previous night. Their apparent reasoning was that they didn't think the snow would fall before the evening and they'd just do it in the daytime.

Add this to a whole generation of people who have been driving for several years yet have never experienced driving in the stuff and you can imagine the chaos.

Roll on Spring, I don't like this weather! :mad:

spacemonkey
03-03-2005, 07:47 PM
but its cold so the beard stays!!!!!
Alex.
Keep the beard, lose the hair.