PDA

View Full Version : Radial calipers for Showa forks

Gee
26-02-2005, 10:32 AM
I have a set of radial calipers. :confused: Can anybody out there tell me where i can get either new fork bottoms, or a bracket to take radial Brembos,(100mm between mounting points) to fit the Showa forks on an S4R.
I have not got a fortune to spend but want to do the best job i can? Would prefer new fork bottoms but they all seem to be very expensive if bought new.
Would be grateful of any help, Any ideas anyone? :confused:

NattyBoy
26-02-2005, 11:02 AM
JHP are your best bet - are they brembo ? Im afraid to say that either way its gonna cost a lot of money to do get fork bottoms to match as they are machined from billet and very labour intensive. Brembo themselves also do a radial kit with adaptors to go on conventional showa forks, but a) im not sure if you can just buy the adaptors seperatley, and b) it looks stupid !!! (not sure why you would want to buy this kit anyway as the whole point of having radials is to reduce flex which your not doing if you fit an adaptor !!)

Also PM spm23 as Shauns done a similar thing..

Cheers
Nat

spacemonkey
26-02-2005, 11:32 AM
That pic does make it look totally like a fashion vicitm and of no practical purpose whatsoever. I agree, that if you can get bottoms knocked up to take then it might be ok though. Doesn't the 999 have them? Compatible??

NattyBoy
26-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Only the 'R' 999/749's have radials I think nick and he wont be able to but the mounts seperatley :mad:

Heres a pic of the JHP mounts (with AP calipers)..be warned though ... you wont get much change out of a bag of sand for the caliper mounts.. :eek: :eek: Youd be better off flogging the radials and either getting a DP kit or (IMO the flashest option would be to buy some nice shiny brembo monoblocs :twisted:

Nat

Flip
26-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Have a chat with either Paul or Neil at BiKe Torque Racing (top people!).

Brembo also do a fork bottom conversion for Showa forks so you don't have to use the adaptor plate (that is absolutely pointless as Natty and Space have already said). This page will tell you all about them:
http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/braking/bremboconversionkits.asp

Then give them a ring on: 01373 464252