PDA

View Full Version : Fecking thing

brewhaha
21-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Took my bike to work today, as per normal, jumped on it tonight, started it up, not a bloody thing. Lights come on OK, kill switch is OK, any suggestions...Could it be the side stand switch is buggered?

Help much appreciated

Pedro
21-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Try the starter solenoid - get the lid off carefully and clean between the contacts.

Ped

brewhaha
22-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Cheers Pedro, I'll give that a try when I get to work later.
Anything else I can look out for?

A Yerbury
22-02-2005, 09:10 AM
so the starter motor is not going then? I had a short circuit in my kill switch the other day. moisture perhaps? unscrew and have a fiddle. do you have a circuit tester?

brewhaha
22-02-2005, 09:14 AM
No, no circuit tester unfortunately. It could be moisture as it was snowing yesterday (the bike was covered). Still not positive it is the starter motor or something else.

brewhaha
23-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Got to work yesterday morning, got on the bike and it started first time!!!
Ducati's, dont you just love them?

A Yerbury
23-02-2005, 11:37 AM
oi reckon it be the kill switch, mine did it in a foreign city in the cold...panic...2 tries later and it worked. I do love em -sometimes only just tho..

berto
24-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Start putting a cover over it(for feck's sake do I have to tell him everything?)and go mental and buy!!yes buy some fs365 ya tight twat!! ;)

Garry Hogan
26-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Took my bike to work today, as per normal, jumped on it tonight, started it up, not a bloody thing. Lights come on OK, kill switch is OK, any suggestions...Could it be the side stand switch is buggered?

Help much appreciated
That's just how my problems started :eek: Ended up having to run a new set of wires to the kill switch and the starter relay (from starter button) One broken wire caused me sooooo many headaches :mad: See my thread in the "Electrics" section. Loads of people have had this irksome problem.