PDA

View Full Version : Cheddar Cheese n Cream Tease

Duncan
20-02-2005, 09:00 PM
As February takes a grip on us, its 4 sure that spring is only just round the corner. So its down to a bit of planning for a sort of regional meet and bit of a ride about for March.

Just wanna run a few ideas and dates past people.

Proposed weekend of March 12/13. If you have a preference for either day, let me know.
DATE IS NOW SET FOR SUNDAY 13TH MARCH

Destination Cheddar Gorge for a bit of lunch in the pub half way up gorge. With a short ride up the gorge thro a load of twisties, down Burrington Combe to Weston Super Mare in the afternoon for teas on the sea front and chance to show off a bit. Days should be warmer and longer by then, less salt on the roads etc.

Either meet at Cheddar or for people interested then I will be riding in from Downend Shell.

Please let me know preferences etc.

regards
Duncan :D :D :D

Zimbo
21-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Nice one Duncan, I'll do my best to make this one! No preference to day, but that weekend sounds good.

NattyBoy
21-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Im freeeeeee !! Will try and bring a couple of duke riding buddies down. Can you let me know when the dates formed up..

Nat

Zimbo
21-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Just been informed that I'm busy on the Saturday, so looks like Sunday would suit me better, see what everyone else wants.
Oh, and can you arrange for some sunshine please???
:p

JR
21-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Ched eeeer sounds good me dear. Twood be nice with no traffic so we dont have to crawl up the twisty bits in first gear.
Count me in Dunc - No preference for day.

JR

Duncan
23-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Ched eeeer sounds good me dear. Twood be nice with no traffic so we dont have to crawl up the twisty bits in first gear.
Count me in Dunc - No preference for day.

JR

The votes of the forum and e mail jury combined are in and counted.

Date is set for 13th March.

I can confirm that
1. A heatwave has been booked and paid for
2. A complete ban on car traffic will be imposed in the gorge just for JR
3. I promise to find some good scrumpy too

Further details to follow.

Mark Walker
28-02-2005, 07:26 AM
I'd love to go........but my bike still doesn't work properly and now the damn tax/MOT are running out this month....boo.....also supposed to be keeing March free as some friends of mine are apparently organising a 'secret' stag do one weekend in March.....but I don't know when....perhaps that is the secret bit.......once the bike is sorted, serviced and with new tax and MOT shortly after this bleedin' wedding mullarky (this is gonna be an expensive couple of months), I'll be out and about and expecting lots of opportunities to sample Duncan's Scrumpy......

JR
08-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Duncan,

Can you please confirm that the heatwave you booked for this sudays ride to Cheddar and onward to Western Super MUd is still looking good!

JR

Duncan
08-03-2005, 10:53 AM
OK you lot. Before I clear off to sample irish hospitality for a few days, heres the details for Sunday

Meet Midday in Cheddar.
As you go up the gorge, you pass a man made lake on the left and directly after is a small car park with a line of gift shops at the back. Selling stuff like bears, home made sweets etc.
Meet in that car park for a bite of lunch in the pub next door which despite my best efforts I cant remember the name of.

For anyone wanting to ride over from Bristol then meet at Downend Shell garage (opposite Willy Wicket pub) at 11am.
Garage is just off A4174 ring road at its junction with A432 Badminton Road.
Will have gentle ride down to Cheddar via Mendip Hills.

In afternoon, its over to Weston for teas via the Gorge and Burrington Combe (weather permiting)

Duncan
08-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Duncan,

Can you please confirm that the heatwave you booked for this sundays ride to Cheddar and onward to Western Super MUd is still looking good!

JR

Just been to www.weather.com and its looking a bit chilly but only a 30% chance of rain.
However its a bit soon for the forecasters with their satellites and computers to accurately guess the weather for 5 days time.

Using the traditional methods of weather forecasting. The cows were stood up in the field this morning, the pine cone was open on the front of the house, there was enough blue sky to make a man's shirt and the crust on the cider barrels was hard. All pointing to fine weather.

NattyBoy
08-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Alright peeps..problem...

My bikes been at Richs for a week to have the exhaust refitted..but the welder didnt turn up to sort it... :mad:

However Stu @ spareshack (top man!) has agreed to send a new set of downpipes as we now know there was a problem with the early batches..so should be able to get out sunday..just need to check that rich can do the changeover in time and I need tow work out how to get to the bike in keynsham..

Fingers crossed ! Cant use 888 as its not taxed yet and only has one wheel fitted whcih could be tricky.... :lol:

Nat

JR
08-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Nat,

Just come passed Swindonsville en route back from deepest Surrey! Good chance I will pass by again before the week is out (but not 2 morrow). I have to see Luigi 2 get my service book stamped up, so if you let me know your availability I can bell you if I do come along that way.

JR

NattyBoy
08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Top man !!! Theres a freebie in it for you mate ;)

Im at home all day Friday so that would be great. Could also do tommorrow/THursday evening but Friday would be better...?

Keep in touch mate!
Nat

NattyBoy
10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Update...Rich will have my bike sorted for tommorrow all going well so looks like ill be there ..!! Any chance of scrounging that lift JR..?

Cheers
Nat

JR
10-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Nat,
Was going to Ipswich 1st thing in the morning, but, that train just "hit the buffers" , so it is wait and see what comes along in the morrow. I have got you mobile, so will let you know if I can do anything.

JR

]]]

daver
11-03-2005, 07:57 AM
If the weathers fine I'll join you guys .... will meet you in the pub in Cheddar

Daver.............. :D

JR
12-03-2005, 03:42 PM
11am Willey Wicket it is then (as posted on the Staffordshire thread!).
Weather today fine.

Over to you Dunc for the morrow's forecast!

JR

Duncan
12-03-2005, 04:36 PM
11am Willey Wicket it is then (as posted on the Staffordshire thread!).
Weather today fine.

Over to you Dunc for the morrow's forecast!

JR

Forecast - mostly cloudy, 4c light winds Westerly 14km/h. In fact, a bit like today

JR
12-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Forecast - mostly cloudy, 4c light winds Westerly 14km/h. In fact, a bit like today

Cloudy ? The sun has been crakin the flags in Thornbury all day!!!!!.

See yer in the mornin.

JR

Duncan
12-03-2005, 08:02 PM
If the weathers fine I'll join you guys .... will meet you in the pub in Cheddar

Daver.............. :D

We got another 888Mike and John meeting us at pub too.

Zimbo
12-03-2005, 08:03 PM
See you all at Willy Wicket at 11 then :)

Duncan
13-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Great turn out today all of you.

Worthy praise indeed to the Midlands Mob for coming a long way and Nattyboy on the Chavmonster. (where d ya get the Burberry paint then Nat?

Altogether about a dozen of us with Fly out for her 1st run round and all the other usual suspects.

NattyBoy
13-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Yep..thatll be your £40 digital camera then dunc.. :lol:

Will phone stuart in the morning to see if he can source a burberry tankpad... :lol:

Heres a few pics including mike and his dad playing paper scissors stone for no apparent reason..?

Great day...feckin cold (ive still got you glove inners duncan..!), and got saved from a certain 3 points by a bunch of chavs in a subaru coming the other way waving like idiots to warn me about a speed trap as I got back into swindon ! Maybe there not all muppets after all..?!

Double respec' for the northern monkeys riding down.... :lol:

http://ee.domaindlx.com/nattyboy/scissors%20paper%20stone.jpg
http://ee.domaindlx.com/nattyboy/line%20up%20at%20weston%20super%20nightmare.jpg
http://ee.domaindlx.com/nattyboy/chavmonster.jpg

Nat

Zimbo
13-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Great to see you all folks.

I think I'll warm up soon ...

Oh, and my trophy pillion informs me when I get back that she was asleep between J17 and J14 of the M5 :confused:

Can we have it warmer next time please Duncan? Apart from that, great day, thanks for organising it!

fly
13-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Glad we were able to make it as had a good day out, so thanks to all :D :D

Also good to see the Midlands mob; Elmo, Banshee & friend (sorry can't remember his name) :o and trust you all got home okay :)

Sorry Zimbo (& trophy pillion), Nattyboy and Claire, but had to pull off for fuel for Tom on way back, hope you caught the wave :D

Didn't see JR, Duncan & co leave (think I was in the ladies) :lol: so will see you next time.

Oh and Duncan, I'm with Zimbo, can we have it a little warmer next time please :D

Banshee
13-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Forum working at its best, met up with some really nice boys and girls (they talked a bit funny) had a brill time down there... but a !*!*!*!* time on way down and even worst cummin back.. ;)

Duncan
13-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh and Duncan, I'm with Zimbo, can we have it a little warmer next time please :D

Fly
Be glad to oblige with better weather. Just have to work on a group hug otherwise.

Nat I shant be needing those glove liners till next winter now so keep them safe till I see you next. Stayed warm despite letting you borrow them, it cant have been all that cold after all.

JR
13-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Dunc,
Another fine ride out with a good turnout of assorted Ducati's (including 10 Monsters),Japs and of course Tom's booming Aprilia Mille! Well done to Banshee /Elmo and mate for making the not very warm trip to and from the West Country. Top marks to young Mike making the best of his restricted 600 (my old bike - it will fly again soon!), and Claire getting her confidence back as the day progressed.
A real nice day and a nice drop of scrumpy! Roll on summer!

JR

COR
14-03-2005, 06:44 PM
yeh, cheers Dunc, another brill day. the last one i got out on was when we went to the drag racing at weston zoyland. and what a fantastic day that was too. thanks mates for not going mental - it was my first ride out of the year, since November in fact! just what i needed to get back into the swing of it. good work stopping the traffic in banwell as well - who needs a by-pass?! my mate on the bandit, little martin (i don't know - don't ask me!) was well impressed and i think the deadline's set to get a monser before Arrow Mill. well done guys. oh bans-hee, hee, we know where you llive. and whose this flippin yeeerbury bloke anyway?

BoozyBOB
14-03-2005, 11:11 PM
well done Dunk...looks like you hade a good day.... great pics....a good Monster show