PDA

View Full Version : Coming Meets etc.........

Didge
20-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Because I have to work some Sundays, I am a little limited.
My next Sunday off, is 6th March, so I hope to arrange a meet for then.
I'm planning a ride-out to Dungeness (some nice roads around there, and not much traffic usually), when the weather gets nicer, so will post nearer the time for that. I hope we'll be joined by Sussex & Kent at least for that one.
Speak soon peeps.
Didge

Richard_S
21-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow. I’m impressed.

Tectonic plates never moved quicker! A rat up a drainpipe and a message from the armchair. I both applaud and chastise with the same hand.

See you on the 6th all being shipshape (somewhere interesting perhaps?)

nik_the_brief
21-02-2005, 08:45 PM
6th March sounds brill Didge, that's just down the road from me so I'll meet ya there - or en route (hopefully with a few other Kenties!). :burnout:

Didge
22-02-2005, 09:49 AM
6th March sounds brill Didge, that's just down the road from me so I'll meet ya there - or en route (hopefully with a few other Kenties!). :burnout:

Er..lads, I think we've got a crossed wire or two here. The planned run to Dungeness is for a future date, that IS YET TO BE DECIDED ON.

Sunday the 6th March will just be a meet-up somewhere and possibly a local ride to somewhere if the weather is nice enough.
Didge

nik_the_brief
22-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Aha, gotcha Didge, well let me know in good time when you plan to go to Dungeness and I'll try and get at least a couple of east Kentites along. :)

Banshee
22-02-2005, 10:50 AM
the 6th is mothers day dont forget. :rolleyes:

Didge
22-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Aha, gotcha Didge, well let me know in good time when you plan to go to Dungeness and I'll try and get at least a couple of east Kentites along. :)

That'll be great Nik.

Didge
22-02-2005, 02:15 PM
the 6th is mothers day dont forget. :rolleyes:

My Mum lives in Oz.

nik_the_brief
22-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Yep, if I ever get my bike back from Ducati Ashford!

Had it booked in for cambelts, valve clearances and the carbs to be sorted. Delivered it on Saturday as they said it could be done today - just phoned to be told that all of their mechanics are in fecking Bologna 'training' - jammy bastards. Now that's what I call a perk of the job!! No wonder they charge me so much!

They tell me that they'll be back on Thursday and will look at it then - in themeantime I've had to pinch my wife's car leaving her and the kids on shank's pony! Good weather for such an event though eh!!

Banshee
22-02-2005, 02:54 PM
My Mum lives in Oz.

My mum is dead..i was just reminding you good people incase your mum dont live in oz or dead. :rolleyes:

MilesB
22-02-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm planning a ride-out to Dungeness (some nice roads around there, and not much traffic usually), when the weather gets nicer, so will post nearer the time for that. I hope we'll be joined by Sussex & Kent at least for that one.
Speak soon peeps.
Didge

Didge

I too have been planning a ride out towards Dungeness - and know the roads round there. If you want to meet up, I will happily lead the 'southern section' of the ride. We could perhaps all meet at the Ogri Cafe, then head in a south easterly direction.

However, I agree that we should wait for the weather to improve - as the Marsh can be a bit exposed :( at this time of year.

Miles

Didge
23-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Didge

I too have been planning a ride out towards Dungeness - and know the roads round there. If you want to meet up, I will happily lead the 'southern section' of the ride. We could perhaps all meet at the Ogri Cafe, then head in a south easterly direction.

However, I agree that we should wait for the weather to improve - as the Marsh can be a bit exposed :( at this time of year.

Miles

MilesB, that sounds a great idea, thanks for that. I've not been down that way for some years, and my knowledge of the roads is a little rusty, so your help there would be greatly appreciated.
We'll work it all out at a later date. Cheers.

CK & AK
26-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Didge: what time on 6th March? - and are you going to make sure its warm? :lol:

C

NattyBoy
26-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Cant make 6th didge but ill certainly be making the effort to come along on a couple of your rides again this year (assuming youll have me :lol: )

Nat

Pedro
26-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm sure there'll be a few of us Hampsters tagging along too!

Ped

Didge
27-02-2005, 09:46 PM
All Hampsters, as well as anyone else, are always welcome on Surrey meets & rideouts. Even Natty & Ped.

Right, Sunday 6th March, meet at Box Hill between midday and 1pm. If the weathers nice, we can go for a bimble somewhere.
Let's just hope that the weather is better than it's been lately. I've been riding my GS around in this weather, and it was thick with bloody salt until I spent some hours today cleaning it off. Not nice.

Pedro
27-02-2005, 11:17 PM
All Hampsters, as well as anyone else, are always welcome on Surrey meets & rideouts. Even Natty & Ped.

Right, Sunday 6th March, meet at Box Hill between midday and 1pm. If the weathers nice, we can go for a bimble somewhere.
Let's just hope that the weather is better than it's been lately. I've been riding my GS around in this weather, and it was thick with bloody salt until I spent some hours today cleaning it off. Not nice.

A Kind offer Didge but I will be enjoying some warmer weather just outside Jo'burg (again!)

Next time!

Ped

CK & AK
03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Didge, its looking very very cold & frosty for Sunday - but dry!

If its at all like today (dry but minus 3) - I'm dibbing out mate, as have been out every w/end since Xmas, and got fed up with being fruzzed :(

Hope the forecasters are wrong

C :)