PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 20th Feb - Findon & Newlands

JMo
18-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Well, at least it's meant to be dry this weekend...

So how about we joing the DSC for a food fight at John Henry's cafe in Findon (from 10.30am), then go for a run up to Newlands Corner in Surrey to meet the Hampsters and any stray Surreyites for a cuppa?

I intend to be at Findon from 10.30, and aim to leave about midday, to be at Newlands for 1pm...

Hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx

SazzaG
18-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Right, where are those S4 keys?

queen_gpants
18-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Jenny can you post a streetmap link for the cafe?

Where are people meeting first?

Might be up for this with Radar but he reckons there's snow forecast Sunday!

psychlist
18-02-2005, 12:16 PM
John Henry's is just behind Cissbury Leathers........

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=512231&Y=108758&A=Y&Z=1

Rogerg
18-02-2005, 03:27 PM
sounds good to me - looks like a row with 'er indoors over keys again!!

Albie
18-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Hope to be there.Full of cold at moment. Need to ride. :D :D

Nigel C
18-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I suggest you break out your arctic riding gear if you are coming sunday :eek:

weather for sunday (http://www.metcheck.com/48hrforecast.asp?lat=51&lon=0&locationID=68)

should make hot coffee and bacon buttys taste even better ;)

JMo
18-02-2005, 05:50 PM
QGP (and Nigel C) - you might be right about the weather... but let's see (I have the XR too of course, ahem x)

Celeste - if you are coming down Worthing way, it will be a nice run, but if you just wanted to meet at Newlands with the Hampsters (and any Surreyites), I think there are still directions to Newlands Corner in a thread in Surrey Events...

Hope you can make it... DP snow chains anyone?!

xxx

Albie
18-02-2005, 05:59 PM
As long as its dry thats ok.

queen_gpants
18-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Have found map for Newlands corner, having never been there where do people meet? Is it a carpark, pub or is it just a corner? :p

BoozyBOB
18-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Celeste..it is a car park..with a tea, coffee, burger,chips...oohh and toilets..
cant do the map thing but it is on the A25..about a mile after the A25 crosses the A246..(at the lights)...hopeless at directions as well...no wonder i always get lost

Albie
18-02-2005, 07:31 PM
AND TABLES and a VIEW :D

queen_gpants
19-02-2005, 03:37 PM
No worries Bob, I aim to be there for about 12.30-1 - keep your eye out for Blue monster and zippy rucksack

I'm hoping Radar can make it too but he has a bad ear at the moment, I may have an R6 in tow too, if she can keep up and doesn't get lost!

Celeste..it is a car park..with a tea, coffee, burger,chips...oohh and toilets..
cant do the map thing but it is on the A25..about a mile after the A25 crosses the A246..(at the lights)...hopeless at directions as well...no wonder i always get lost

Radar_UK
20-02-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm hoping Radar can make it too but he has a bad ear at the moment

Sorry folks but the ear infection has won - and besides someone has to stay at home and do all the housework... :mad:

Have a great time..... :)

queen_gpants
20-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Well that was a very cold rideout but it was great to see everyone even if most of you did bugger off within 5 minutes of me arriving! :p

Did anyone notice when I pulled into the carpark whether my seat cowl was attached?

It wasn't until we pulled in for some petrol on the way home that I realised it had gone! I don't take my cowl off as I don't carry pillions so I can't see both screws coming loose at the same time?

I did notice a group of people hanging round my bike shortly after I arrived but didn't think anything of it, I think the feckers nicked it!

Poor old Felix looks naked without it? Any idea on how much a new one costs?

Oh and the heated gel pack I had with me can be found here

EBAY (http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=hand+warmer&srchdesc=y&fcl=4&fci=6&sofp=0&fsn=Astro+Bits+and+Pieces&from=R10&sasel=83591851&submit=Search)

SazzaG
20-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Brrrr!

Difficult typing this, as my fingers haven't fully thawed out yet! Good to get out though, and the turnout was excellent considering the temperature (and the fact that it started snowing at Newlands!).

Celeste, I remember noticing that your cowl was missing at the petrol station. I was behind you all the way from Newlands to there, and I didn't see anything fly off! Bad luck losing that.

Here's to warmer temperatures!

Saz

Albie
20-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Sorry I left just as you arrived Celeste. :o Must have felt a tad rude. :lol: I was not looking forward to the ride home tbh. Didnt want to go slow or speed but oh so wanted to be at home out of the cold. :( Concentrating so much today in front nearly didnt even see my miles before I may have run out of fuel on m25. :eek: :eek:
Now that would have been fun NOT :(

Thanks to all the turned up and represented our Club and counties. Roll on the nicer weather and the more relaxed banter about Ice creams and cakes instead of how many layers of clothing and sorry I cant take off my helmet its too cold :D CK bless ya. Bad hair day Ha ha. :lol:

Cheers all and be safe and be happy.
Andy :D :D

Nigel C
20-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Nice rideout ! even though we went along one of the bumpiest twistiest slipperyest lanes ever :D and I lost all the feeling in my clutch hand a mile from home !! hurt like hell till i got the circulation back after about 10 mins

Albie
20-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Glad you said that Nigel. I was following you and tbh I was struggling. :eek: I know Im not a fantastic rider :o but I was very uncomfortable at times through those narrow lanes. I wasnt bothered losing the pack just my bike. Phew made it anyway. :D :D

queen_gpants
20-02-2005, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Albie]Sorry I left just as you arrived Celeste. :o Must have felt a tad rude. :lol: I was not looking forward to the ride home tbh. Didnt want to go slow or speed but oh so wanted to be at home out of the cold. :( /QUOTE]

No worries, it was nice seeig you all even if it was briefly, you all looked frozen when I arrived so can't blame you for heading off.

My fingers were really hurting on the way there especially after going round Guildford a few times, thank god I brought my heat pack!

JMo
20-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Did anyone notice when I pulled into the carpark whether my seat cowl was attached?

It wasn't until we pulled in for some petrol on the way home that I realised it had gone! I don't take my cowl off as I don't carry pillions so I can't see both screws coming loose at the same time?

I did notice a group of people hanging round my bike shortly after I arrived but didn't think anything of it, I think the feckers nicked it!

Poor old Felix looks naked without it? Any idea on how much a new one costs?

What a bastard... As Sazza, I noticed it was missing at the petrol station too... I must say, I don't think anyone would have stolen it at Newlands, I was looking in the general direction most of the time, and it is a bit of a fiddle to undo the screws with the seat still in place (even if you know what you're doing) so you would think it would have been too conspicuious?

Anyway, a replacement is around £90 I believe, and you can order them in the different colours from Ducati... It's not unheard of for people to lose them while riding, although it is usually those who take it on and off for pillions etc, and might not have done the screws up really tight... think I might go and put a drop of threadlock on mine now you mention it...

Sorry to hear that...

JennyMo

xxx

SazzaG
20-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Glad you said that Nigel. I was following you and tbh I was struggling. :eek: I know Im not a fantastic rider :o but I was very uncomfortable at times through those narrow lanes. I wasnt bothered losing the pack just my bike. Phew made it anyway. :D :D

Glad you've also said it Albie! I was in front in Nigel, and I felt like I'd never ridden a bike before. I'm just pleased to hear I wan't holding everyone up! Once we hit that road, my fog city insert reached saturation, and I felt like I was looking through the bottom of a beer glass. That combined with my bodily functions shutting down due to the cold, the bouncy road, gravel and wet patches, I didn't feel in full control of my bike, and didn't at all enjoy the tight bends... And this was not helped by kindly drivers who think that passing places are only for cars. I really wanted to be forced into the gutter on that road!

Needless to say, we went home a different way!

Not that I'm complaining or anything..

Saz

Albie
20-02-2005, 05:19 PM
What a bastard... As Sazza, I noticed it was missing at the petrol station too... I must say, I don't think anyone would have stolen it at Newlands, I was looking in the general direction most of the time, and it is a bit of a fiddle to undo the screws with the seat still in place (even if you know what you're doing) so you would think it would have been too conspicuious?

Anyway, a replacement is around £90 I believe, and you can order them in the different colours from Ducati... It's not unheard of for people to lose them while riding, although it is usually those who take it on and off for pillions etc, and might not have done the screws up really tight... think I might go and put a drop of threadlock on mine now you mention it...

Sorry to hear that...

JennyMo

xxx
Nearly lost one off m900 and found both standard screws missing off s4 the other week. Are now safely allen keyed in place so should not come undone again. Ps almost lost another mirror lens yesterday too as I was going down motorway. Phew caught it before it jumped. Whole new mirror even if I dont like em.!!! :eek: :D

queen_gpants
20-02-2005, 05:24 PM
It's one of those things that's gonna bug me for ages now! :lol:

When I got a new one I'll be spot welding it in place!

Albie
20-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Heres some pics I nicked of DSC

Ps nice turn out of monnies :D :D

None of mine though :( :( just me piggin leathers( best view tho' behind :D :D ) :D

http://gallery130010.fotopic.net/c438663.html

gwyndaff
20-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Hiya Celeste,
Can you see your bike in the following pics.

Sorry but I don't know which bike is yours . I've got some other pictures that I can check, what colour monster do you ride?

Gwynd.

Albie
20-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Gwyndaff hers was the blue bike that you got some lovely shots of. Sadly it was missing in pics to. :(

Pedro
20-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Celeste - that's a shame about the seat cowl, have a look on Ebay though. There's a guy breaking an S4 so he should have one (Reserviorcogs I think his name is) but there were several others too.

When you get a new one, put proper bolts in and use thread lock - less likely to work loose and difficult to thieve.

Happy hunting

Ped

psychlist
20-02-2005, 07:53 PM
"Glad you've also said it Albie! I was in front in Nigel, and I felt like I'd never ridden a bike before. I'm just pleased to hear I wan't holding everyone up! Once we hit that road, my fog city insert reached saturation, and I felt like I was looking through the bottom of a beer glass. That combined with my bodily functions shutting down due to the cold, the bouncy road, gravel and wet patches, I didn't feel in full control of my bike, and didn't at all enjoy the tight bends..."

:eek: I didnt think it was that bad apart from the cold ;) Bumpy and narrow maybe, but nowhere near as wet and gravelly as the A272 has been for the past few weeks. Just the sort of lanes I did my last test on :burnout:

Albie
20-02-2005, 08:19 PM
It was ok paul. No worries. Tbh i messed up at the start of run and went back to second to last which at times was fun :D Got to unleash some power :eek: and was playing catchy uppy. Didnt know that last bit of lane at all . Im usually at front but thats my fault. :D