PDA

View Full Version : HELP My brake light is melting..................!!

nuttynatasha
17-02-2005, 05:46 PM
I have a M620s.i.e and it is only 6 months old and I have just noticed that my brake light lens is melting at the top. Any suggestions?

Albie
17-02-2005, 05:52 PM
How odd. Is it your high level cans?? I wouldn't have thought so personally as I had them on my 900. Best thing to try first is get a Led bulb with dont get as hot as bulbs. If you ride all time with lights on they do chuck out heat. If not get a led tailight like mine or of Stuart at http://spareshack.com
Best of luck.

Paranoid Dave
17-02-2005, 05:52 PM
not heard of that one before, can't really offer a solution but would suggest you check everything to see if its happening under NORMAL circumstances.

Is the bulb in properly, is there something daft that makes the tail light stay on full (so overheating) when riding? Investigate fully and then ask dealers for a new part under warranty.

Hope it stops soon.

Dave

A Yerbury
17-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Is your tail still there? a lot of crap gets thrown about there, check all the connections are clean, where its melting is it due to the bulb?

berto
17-02-2005, 07:46 PM
brake light stuck on?

slob
17-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Hold the brake on for a couple of minutes with the seat off and see how hot it gets,
is it purely cosmetic. I noticed mine looked a bit melty when the bike was about 2 years old but had no problems from it. Pete kindly gave me his old one when he put an LED light on S4 and it doesn't seem to have recurred in the last 9 months. I always ride with the lights on and spend a lot of time in town(brakes on).

nuttynatasha
18-02-2005, 07:19 AM
As my bike is a new one the lights are allways on I can not chainge that Any one got a order code for a LED brake light ???

and thank you all for your help Hope to see you all at the Track day

slob
18-02-2005, 07:55 AM
I believe this is the one most opt for, it may be available cheaper elswhere
http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=539405

Lost Again
18-02-2005, 10:44 AM
I've got a 94 M600 and the top of the lense on that had actually melted all the way through. thought it was just me that had an odd bike! ride with lights on all the time so that might have done it. got one of those motrax LED ones now an I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else and say they're great. looks much better and is brighter too.