PDA

View Full Version : Engine winter protection

mstanford
15-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone
I've just bought a bellypan for my 620 to try and prevent all the winter crud ruining my engine and pipes. Before final fitting i wanted to coat the covered parts with a protective layer like the underbody sealant of a car- any one have any ideas of a heat resistant long term treatment?
matt

spacemonkey
15-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Scottoil do stuff calles F365 which comes in a yellow spray bottle. It works a treat and de activates the salt when it hits the metal.

mstanford
16-02-2005, 10:34 AM
thats great thanks, where can i get it from?
matt

A Yerbury
16-02-2005, 10:50 AM
get it fom the website, if you get 2 the postage is gratis BOGOF if u will.
AY.
PS. its good stuff just remember to tighten the end so you get a mist effect as opposed to a water pistol (I am -for once- making sense, it will become clear when it arrives!)

moor-ph0
16-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi,
I've been using FS365 for several months and use my bike daily in all weathers. It does reduce corrosion effects but as it's water soluble and if it's raining heavy going to work and then sits a good eight to ten hours at work the road salt starts to take effect. If your looking for a long term winter treatment then FS365 is not ideal unless you intend respraying the area after every use in the rain. I tend to do this when I return home, wash my bike at the weekend and then recoat with FS365. As I said it does seem to help. Remember if you spray to much on wipe with a rag otherwise with time it will slightly discolour the painted surfaces adding a blue haze.
Geoff

A Yerbury
16-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Ive painted my engine black so yes its does get covered in tide marks when its wet, but its a good reminder to hose it down and re coat. Looking smart is not such a huge priority this time of year tho (over corrosion) even for a ponce like me.
AY.