PDA

View Full Version : Sunday the 20th

Pedro
14-02-2005, 12:06 PM
As Boozy Bob has killed his pooter again, he's asked me to put this up.

Sunday the 20th of February, Hampsters meet at Four Marks Little Thief at 11.00 - 11.30 witha possible ride over to Newlands Corner for a cuppa.

Be there, or else!!

Ped

singletrack
15-02-2005, 09:45 AM
I will try and meet up for a coffee, but I am not sure if I can make a rideout.
Hopefully see you on Sunday.

:)

Pedro
15-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Be nice to see you Singletrack but I'm only coming out if it's nice!!

Ped

JMo
15-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Same here Ped - might wizz up to Newlands and meet you there if the weather is nice... (if it's exceptionally nice I might even get as far as Four Marks!)

xxx

scrumpster
15-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Doubt i'll be there, won't have a bike :(

BoozyBOB
17-02-2005, 09:35 PM
:lol: its alive....
I'm back...so who is turning up at Four Marks on Sunday...

thanks Pedro...i owe you a bun.. :twisted:

Pedro
17-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Good to hear from you Bob!

Forecast for sunday looks ok but chilly so will try to make it as long as my new paint doesn't get dirty!! Got a load of things to do so will probably only go to Four Marks.

Ped

gwyndaff
17-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Hiya all,
I know I've been very quiet recently, I've had loads going on, We've got a three month old (baby boy) and I lost my job just before Christmas (i know I should be more careful where i leave it.)
anyhow things are back on track and I'd love to blow the cobwebs off if the weathers dry (i don't mind cold)

I'll keep any eye on Hampshire events and this post and I hope to see you on the weekend. (PS I do exist - I'm not a made up member I'm real)

Cheers
Gwyndaff

JMo
17-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Bob/Ped - I was going to pop in on the DSC bunch at Findon for breakky first, then maybe meet you at Newlands for a lunch? - what time do you think you'll be there?

Scrumpy - so what's happened to the bike then?

xxx

crust
17-02-2005, 10:34 PM
(PS I do exist - I'm not a made up member I'm real)

Cheers
Gwyndaff

Do you wear a black roof helmet?

If so next time you're going down the Oxford Road mind the bloke on crutches.

BTW it was a friendly - hi I'm a fellow monsterer wave, honest ;)

:) Crust

gwyndaff
17-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Sorry Crust not me.
Black Arai,
But I do frequent the Oxford road from time to time (This week I have been mostly avoiding Pegasus)
I'll wave to anyone me.

Take it easy
Gwyndaff

Sarah
18-02-2005, 07:41 AM
are you bunch going to Newlands Corner on Sunday?

Am going to be in Streatham on Sat night so can detour on way to Shaftesbury to pop in & identify myself to at least someone :)

what time? :)

rich
18-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi all
Have a good run on sunday
i'm off the road at the mo
Rich

JMo
18-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Just to say the Sussexites plan to be at Newlands from 1pm - hopefully there'll be more than just Boozy and Gwyndaff from Hants...? x

Sarah - Stretham to Shaftesbury eh? - that's a mighty commute - sound's like you are really murdering those miles... x

xxx

Albie
18-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Scrumpys missing the odd beat. Keeps cutting out.

BoozyBOB
18-02-2005, 06:57 PM
:bunny: looks like a goer then...weather is for dry but cold..
looking at leaving Four Marks about 11:30ish and either direct :burnout: ..
or longer :twisted: road to Newlands to get there 12:15-12:30

be good to meet up Sarah..
Gwyndaff what roads are you going to Four Marks ??..we could meet en-route as i am in Tadley..

gwyndaff
18-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Hiya Boozy (and all),

I've just looked on the map for Four Marks, I don't know the area well, I was just going to wing it. I know the roads near Alton are really good so I was going to try and remember some summer routes.

If you have a suggestion of where/when to meet I would love to meet up and ride down with you (saves me getting lost). If you suggest somewhere that multimap can find, then so can I (does that make any sense??)

The bike is running fine (I've been out today) and I've got an away day ticket from the Missus (fingers crossed it doesn't snow - doh I've just jinxed it now). ;)

Wherever you suggest is fine
See you on Sunday
Gwynd.

singletrack
18-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Hiya Boozy (and all),

I've just looked on the map for Four Marks, I don't know the area well, I was just going to wing it. I know the roads near Alton are really good so I was going to try and remember some summer routes.

Gwynd.

Did you mean Alton, Hampshire? I hope you have a plough with you to scrape up the mud then. :)

gwyndaff
18-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Singletrack
Yeah Alton Hampshire, are the roads covered in sh1t at the minute?

I've been down Alton way a few times in the summer and there's a really fast A-road that leads right into Alton, I'm sure you know it (Its always patrolled by police on the weekends when the suns out - but its great first thing in the morning)

crust
18-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Singletrack
I've been down Alton way a few times in the summer and there's a really fast A-road that leads right into Alton, I'm sure you know it (Its always patrolled by police on the weekends when the suns out - but its great first thing in the morning)

That'll be the A339

there's some speed cameras down that road, not sure if its the bit between Newbury and Basingstoke.

Its the chief provider of biking customers to Basingstoke A&E.

Gets a bit monotonous - you do that on the 339

NOOOOO

Have a good ride

:) Crust

gwyndaff
19-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Boozy,
any suggestions of where we can meet up en-route?

Gwyndaff

BoozyBOB
19-02-2005, 05:25 PM
G'daff..what roads do you know??..i could meet you on the A339 at Kingsclere or if you know the local roads to Brimpton... i can meet you there.
i was looking at leaving my house at 10-10:15

Pedro
19-02-2005, 05:26 PM
If it's colder than today, I'm staying in bed!

Went out for an hour today and spent the next three hours trying to thaw as I can't find my winter gloves.....

Ped

gwyndaff
19-02-2005, 08:29 PM
BoozyBob,
I've PM'd you
I suppose Brimpton is closer to your house, so I can meet you at Brimpton if you like.
Either is fine by me? Which ever is best for you.

My new moto: If Multimap can find it so can I (eventually :rolleyes: )

See you in the morning
Gwyndaff

singletrack
19-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Singletrack
Yeah Alton Hampshire, are the roads covered in sh1t at the minute?

The roads near here are covered in s*it at the moment, although the A339 is not too bad. There aren't any static cameras at the moment between Alton and Basingstoke on the A339 , but police patrols often lie in wait on sunny days.

I will probably see you in Four Marks.

gwyndaff
19-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Cheers singletrack
see you down there

thesaxman
20-02-2005, 01:03 PM
well that were a bloody cold ride. :eek:

BoozyBOB
20-02-2005, 02:27 PM
well done all for getting to Four Marks... :lol:
it was a bit on the cold side...and the ride over to Newlands was windy...
good to see some old..(and not so old)..faces at Newlands ;)

will post pics when Mrs Boozy gets pooter back to norm.. :confused: ...
hope you all hade a safe ride home...as it started to snow when i got to my house.. :eek:

singletrack
20-02-2005, 06:49 PM
It was good to meet up with the Hampsters at Four Marks.

Sorry I didn't get chance to come to Newlands but I thought of you all freezing to death as I was tucking into my roast beef and yorkshire puds. ;)

Pedro
20-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Good to see everyone today. Flipping cold though.....

Roll on the better weather

Ped

lord vader
20-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Nice to meet you all, look forward to next and i hope slightly warmer ride out... :burnout:

scrumpster
15-03-2005, 07:50 PM
I wish I could have gone, the bike is still out of my hands at the moment, but I will have it back this weekend, and kids are away for a week at Easter................... :D