PDA

View Full Version : What belt covers should I get to tart up my 600

Paranoid Dave
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Thinking out loud here, what different belt covere optins are there for kylie?
I painted my standard ones black but they they scratch easy. I don't know what'd look right, black or ali. If anyone has a suggestion (keep it clean) a picture to show or a pair for sale they think would be right then let me know.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Scotty
10-02-2005, 10:29 PM
ones wi holes in so ya can see the gubbins doin stuff

gary tompkins
10-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Clocked these on ebay earlier in the week. Auction has closed now, but if you email the seller they may have more or know where to get them ,and if they are available for the 600.

I thought they looked nice, if a little bling? But the price was pretty fair for billet covers & the shipping should be no more than $30 from the states. My own Rizoma ones (with perspex windows) were £170 for the set from spareshack :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4524718737&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

The belt covers on this bike that Natty psted are pretty horny too, but I suspect they are one-offs rather than off the shelf items?

heyDJ
10-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Just take them off completely and clean up the heads. Purty....

A Yerbury
11-02-2005, 09:35 AM
they do rub when painted, I have to use greaseproof paper when taking them off, having said that everything is now routed round the other side, the warmers have gone and with a tough paint they seem ok. You don't like carbon so how about venting them yourself and then going for a powdercoat? then just make sure you have a tarted up monster to attach it to.... ;)

Paranoid Dave
11-02-2005, 06:48 PM
just make sure you have a tarted up monster to attach it to.... ;)

I'm glad someone understands my humour ;) would hate to just open a wallet and throw contents at my bike. :D

Had a look Gary and they really are a bit bling. Polished might work if they are plain otherwise anodised or powder it might be.

Hey DJ, you forget that in this country we have crap roads with pot holes, stones and grit, dirt and endless debrit on out one lane pitiful road network. I don't think i'd be brave enough to ride without the covers, I am paranoid after all!

JMo
12-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I reckon GT's on the right line - go for those Rizoma ones with windows, but then line the inside of them with neon wire (like the chavs have on their dashboards) so the workings glow at night... or you could even hook then up to the ignition so they strobe in time with the engine firing - cooooooooelllll...

xxx

PS. The roads and weather are even crappier in Ireland you know!

heyDJ
12-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Hey DJ, you forget that in this country we have crap roads with pot holes, stones and grit, dirt and endless debrit on out one lane pitiful road network. I don't think i'd be brave enough to ride without the covers, I am paranoid after all!

Yeah, actually I've been finding that out just today. Had my first ride out on the back roads. First sunny, then windy, then hail!, then sunny, then windy...

My goodness there is a lot of crap on the roads. And them damn sheep ain't helping much wandering around either! A bit of a shame really. The routes themselves are brilliant! I'm sure once I get used to things here (I was so spoiled on the US west coast) I won't even notice. So far, belts and clutch seem to be fine. Gotta close up that airbox a bit though. The sudden rains are not compatible with my completely open airbox. ;)

A Yerbury
12-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I insist on garter belts.

Crowman
17-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I got thr Rizoma ones too and though pricey, they do look class and fitted hassle free! (which is always a nice suprise with aftermarket bits).