PDA

View Full Version : S4 refusing to start

Dizzy
10-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Well i'm an idiot I have been away for 3months and have left my s4 in the garage although it was on the trickle charger, I did nothing else to it.

Now i'm back and she won't start. The battary is charged and the starter motor is turning but nothing is fireing...

Anyone with a more mechanical brain than mine know the likely issue or even better a likely solution? I have thought of bumping it but I live in a very flat area and she aint that light...

Please help
Dizzy

br1an
10-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Try spraying some wd40 down the side of the "kill switch" then give the switch a good rock backwards and forwards to make sure that it's working.

Bry... :rolleyes:

slob
10-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Try a quick squirt of 'easy-start' into the airbox, if no luck whip the plugs out and check for a spark. First, check kill-switch(does it have a clutch or sidestand switch as well?) and fuel in the tank... sounds idiotic but it will save embarassing confessions later.

Dizzy
14-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Well thanks for the replys!

But after heading out to purchase some wd40 and looking up the position of my spark plugs I gave her one last chance on the ignition and low and behold she fired up.

Cheers