PDA

View Full Version : How DO they work this out? ? ? ?

gizmo750
06-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Swapped my 996 for a brand new S4R last year and gave the 996 to the wife (its a year 2000 biposto).

Last year I paid approx £400 fully comp for the 996.

Now its renewal time - and both me and the wife are with the same broker and underwriter.

I open my renewal and it is £480 fully comp!

She opens hers and its £300 fully comp!

So, how do you reckon that:

A. Its cheaper for a 29 year old woman with 7 years no claims to insure the same bike, by £100, than it was for a 33 year old man with 10 years NCB? Living at the same address.

B. How come my S4R is significantly more to insure than the 996???? I always thought that sports bikes were the higher risk? ? ? ? ?

To say that I am not best pleased would be a rather large understatement. . . . . . . .

Richard_S
06-02-2005, 11:08 AM
you don't need to understand.

they are all bastards.

gary tompkins
06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Time to pick up the phone and start shopping around for a better quote? :rolleyes:

crust
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
So, how do you reckon that:

A. Its cheaper for a 29 year old woman with 7 years no claims to insure the same bike, by £100, than it was for a 33 year old man with 10 years NCB? Living at the same address.

B. How come my S4R is significantly more to insure than the 996???? I always thought that sports bikes were the higher risk? ? ? ? ?

To say that I am not best pleased would be a rather large understatement. . . . . . . .

Insurance companies are businesses, simple as that. They assess risk and price accordingly.

Nothing personal, just risk assessment.

A. Who's the quicker rider, you or your missus? Who takes most risks? Wheelies? If you had to bet which one of you is going to stuff it into a hedge/car who'd you put your money on?

Not having met you or your wife, just like the insurance assessor, I'd guess you were a bigger risk. Go to any bike meet, who's the nobber? 9/10 times it aint a woman.

B. So your brand spanking new S4R is worth the same as a 4 year old 996?

Phone around and haggle or book a **** snip and a couple of implants :D

:) Crust