PDA

View Full Version : Southwold Sunday Lunch - 27th Feb

Nonnie
02-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Midday ish on Sunday 27th Feb ;) at The Harbour Inn, Southwold for Sunday lunch, drinks, chats, custard :rolleyes: , river views and a chance to meet, some coming by car, some by bike (oh let it be me!) and a chance to discuss what we'd like to achieve this year. Everybody welcome.

Please read the "wake up sleepy Suffolk" thread for more info.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible. :)

Paranoid Dave
11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
C'mon people, lets see some faces at the weekend. Bring a car if you dan't fancy the monster. Its been ages since we met up for a chat, if ever.
I let Naomi organise this and its her first monster meet too, and you wouldn't want to see a lady cry now would you. ;)

For those not paying attention to other sites, theres some meeting info on the kent forum in the oakdale thread. Meeting midday onwards at the pub. I'll be there as I hear custard is on the menu :burnout:

See you sunday.

PD

Albie
11-02-2005, 07:12 PM
i cant make it after all. Have got to go to Nottingham sat and wont be back until sun afternoon. Stopping off at Milton keynes. :o

gary tompkins
12-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Sorry Dave - realised I have a meeting to attend in Kent on Sunday. Think the weather forcast of sleet/snow was a bit off-putting as well to be honest.

M900nster
12-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Albie and Gary can't make it. Lynn was looking forward to riding pillion with me, but she's in bed with a stinking cold. The weather forcast is still wintery showers and high winds! Should we re-schedule, ie. 20th or 27th?
Henry

deadley
12-02-2005, 04:43 PM
mmm the weathers looking pretty grim for tommorrow maybe to far for me if its going to be that wet and windy

slob
12-02-2005, 04:50 PM
...Should we re-schedule...
sounds like a bloody good idea to me(sorry Nonnie)

Nonnie
12-02-2005, 07:47 PM
:) Ah ya fair weather bastards! Only kidding, I can reschedule for 27th February. Went to the Harbour Inn today and it's lovely. Look forward to seeing you all then.

M900nster
12-02-2005, 09:12 PM
The 27th is ok for us Nonnie. Who else can/can't go for the 27th?

Paranoid Dave
12-02-2005, 09:23 PM
27th is good for me. Have edited post too for the benefit of any quiet members who read it. :D

Who knows maybe Kylie will be ready by then - yeh right :mad:

Penny SlipKnot
12-02-2005, 09:40 PM
No can do, Im having a brazillian. may be over fall.....october.

Albie
12-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Sounds better for me plz. Thanx and sorry for letdown tomorrow
:D :D

deadley
13-02-2005, 12:06 AM
:( :( a on the Kent :Oakdene post :( :( i'm in San Fransico then :D :D havin a beer with the local hooligans there, so cant make that one some other time, back 9 th March so hopefully catch up with u all sometime after that.If anyone knows where to hire a monster there let me know ,Im off on the 23rd this month

slob
13-02-2005, 10:54 AM
27th then, already 'pencilled in'. Depressingly the weather looks OK here at the moment.

Paranoid Dave
13-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Its bloody cold here and there was a touch of snow earlier but very fine and very short lived. Oh well too late to change mind now. 27th it is then. Anyone who can't make it I'm sure we'll catch up with later in the year. I'm thinking of another Wickford munch followed by that bendy burn to burnham for tea and cakes. Would people be up for it? Say middle of april?? Justa thought.

Runningman
13-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I'll do my utmost to make this, it could be the first big meet of the year. If any other Herts, Beds, Bucks types fancy going across, let me know.

Be good to see you again PD.

Paranoid Dave
13-02-2005, 02:01 PM
You too Runny. Did you mean the meet on the 27th or my plan for wickford in April? Good to see you at either, watch this space for details :D

A reminder to all that Southwold on the 27th is a meet and munch, drink, chat etc. Any riding done that day is purely there and back ;) Some of us will be going there by car.

deadley
13-02-2005, 02:43 PM
yep sounds good, I'm not around last week of April maybe arrange something for middle of March as well??

Runningman
13-02-2005, 03:14 PM
You too Runny. Did you mean the meet on the 27th or my plan for wickford in April? Good to see you at either, watch this space for details :D

A reminder to all that Southwold on the 27th is a meet and munch, drink, chat etc. Any riding done that day is purely there and back ;) Some of us will be going there by car.

I meant the 27th - but Wickford sounds cool too.
Be seeing you.
r

queen_gpants
13-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Count me and Radar in for the 27th, will probably be on bikes but depends on weather and that I'm well enough to eat solid food as I've been very poorly last few days and am now on a liquid diet :(

Lady-Bob
14-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Nonnie,

I've posted the Southwold meet on the Kent Events forum. If Albie and GaryT are a'comin then we can arrange for us Kentie's to meet up and ride in en-mass picking up some stray waifs from essex on the way through!

Will let you know approx numbers nearer the date.

Am looking forward to meeting up with more monsterers!

Nonnie
14-02-2005, 06:55 PM
All sounds good to me, now just fingers crossed for a dry mild day. See you soon.

queen_gpants
22-02-2005, 12:43 PM
it's all gone very quiet on this thread....is lunch still on or is everyone having second thoughts now we're having a bit of snow?

It's just that we need to hire a car for the weekend as we don't fancy a 280 mile round trip on Sunday on the bikes if its cold!

slob
22-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm gonna wait and see, even the 5-day forecast is just out of reach still.

Nonnie
22-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't care what the weather does I'm going anyway! If it's dry I'll bring Juan and if it's not I'll go by car. The pub is really nice and I just want to eat some food there. PD will be in my support vehicle with my boyfriend. Table for 3 garcon?! :D

M900nster
22-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Goodness knows if it'll be motorcycling weather, but Lynn and I will be making the effort. We'll be bringing Tom (13 today and totally in love with his new electric guitar!) unless he can spend the day with one of his mates. Would he be the only teenager? Hoping we're not snowed off.
Henry

Nonnie
25-02-2005, 03:27 PM
The oldest child I can muster up is only ten and she'll be at a party that day anyway! Happy Birthday to Tom though. I keep checking the weather and it keeps saying it's still going to be foul but I am optimistic. I'm assuming we'll still be there at the same time? 12 to 12:30ish?

MilesB
25-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey guy's, I just realised :rolleyes: that Susan and me are in Suffolk this weekend, and have always wanted to go to Southwold (just don't ask), so it looks like we will be along... :burnout:

OK it will be in the 4x4 :bunny: , but that means we are definitely going to be able to get there, rain or snow :D

Miles

To quote PD "Mmmmmmmm Custard! :) "

Nonnie
25-02-2005, 04:21 PM
You have so got to go to the pier!!! Check out the mad machines. All along the railings on the pier there are little metal plaques either in remembrance of someone or of good times and to quote one of them (I've read them all!) "It's posher than Southend"! See you Sunday :)

Paranoid Dave
26-02-2005, 08:29 PM
There'll be a few of us there in cars, rain or shine so anyone in the area who fancies poppin in for a drink or full grub-tastic we look forward to seeing you.

Dave

Nonnie
27-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Well, I hoped I might Juan out for lunch because I just want to hear his new fruity pipes shout down the A14 but there is 2 inches of snow outside and I'm not that mental. So, taking the car then... :lol:

Nonnie
27-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Lovely to meet Unpronounceable Henry, Lynn and Tom, Miles and Susan too today for lunch. PD also better get a mention! Had a great time and thanks for making Rod and I feel welcome. Pier was a bit wild though! Hopefully next time we'll meet on 2 wheels. :burnout:

queen_gpants
28-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Sorry we didn't make this guys, didn't get a car sorted and the weather was being so random here we didn't want to risk getting stranded somewhere.

Next time hopefully, got family in Ipswich so might visit them the night before so we won't have to do such a long journey in one go!