PDA

View Full Version : Fatbloke goes oop north

fatbloke
02-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi I'm working in Manchester on 12/13 Feb any of you manc members
fancy meeting up on the Friday evening?

Richard_S
02-02-2005, 08:51 PM
you'll be lucky terry - that time of year is wooing territory, even in sunny Manchester!

Tigerlily
02-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Me and Rabbit are up for a night out! :D

Richard_S
02-02-2005, 09:06 PM
best to keep the rabbit indoors.

Bright pink is not discreet and it could well scare the children.

Tigerlily
02-02-2005, 09:24 PM
You could have a point there Richard, spoilsport :p

I'll see if my hubby fancies a night out instead!

Richard_S
02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
good idea batgirl :)

Tigerlily
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
What about you Mank? Are you joining us?

steviej
02-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Good God, it would be a Friday. It's my turn to babysit................ :mad:

but things can change, as they say ;)

Richy Rich
03-02-2005, 08:46 AM
I'd be happy to join you for a Martini as long as none those rough bigger boys like Manc Skank and Bob don't come.
Cheers Rich

Bob Dixon
03-02-2005, 02:14 PM
I would love to come but unfortunately Friday is the night I usually reserve for meeting friends, drinking and breathing hard on young ladies.
"It's good to stalk......"
Bob

PS The last time the Hamster invited me out he said 'hey Bob, would you like to come to my house for a party? There's gong to be f***ing and fighting, drinking and dancing!"
Sounds great said I, who else is coming?
" Err nobody" said Rich, "Just you and me......"

manc skank
03-02-2005, 03:45 PM
I'd be happy to join you for a Martini as long as none those rough bigger boys like Manc Skank and Bob don't come.
Cheers Rich

might be in luck richy :D thats my last friday in manchester so i will be out with best mate and a crate of beer. but let me know the details and im sure i can squeeze in a couple of pints before the night beckons :cool:

DesmoDog
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Opp Noth, bloody Southerners. When are you actually coming up North?

A Yerbury
03-02-2005, 04:18 PM
come south to northern france! cheap, cultured and devoid of northern types..

Banshee
03-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the invite Yerb, Saturday ok? ;)

A Yerbury
03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
oh dear......

JR
03-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Me as well Yerbs - Into France most weeks - small problem though - I am a Northerner - and an old git as well. Still, I could take your bike out for a spin!

Little Monster
03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
oi - this is a manc thread

I shall be mostly at the Ballet in Leeds on the evening of friday 11th (yes, you heard right) and then plan to try and hook up with Mankus Skankus at rockworld no doubt and an early hours curry.....

otherwise, i'm abooooot. :cool:

fatbloke
03-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Opp Noth, bloody Southerners. When are you actually coming up North?
I'm in Penrith on the 9th does that count as North?

Richard_S
03-02-2005, 07:37 PM
its all about the reproductive biology of a pregnant white shark.

tis the entry requirment of any descerning host. The only other option is to demostrate severe gruff and gain access to the top viewing point in Worcester Cathedral. They have a woman preist and she will not be budged.

Could be a grappling hook kind of situation but rest assured if invited in you will be bamboozled. The krypton factor is one thing but here we play for real!

Tigerlily
03-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Well I seem to be organising this :eek: so can we have a list of definates please? :)

The usual copy/paste thing!

Fatbloke
Tigerlily
Rabbit
Little Monster
Richy Rich

The plan so far is an Italian meal (about 8pm), a few drinkies then maybe Jilly's Rockworld (for those that fancy it and are still standing) :D

I just hope I can get rid of my cold by then *snuffle snuffle* :(

DesmoDog
04-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Devoid of Northern types?

there's a joke in that somewhere!

Richy Rich
04-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Friday is the night I usually reserve for meeting friends
May I remind you Bob, you only have one friend, me, and I don't like you much.

Little Monster
04-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Well I seem to be organising this :eek: so can we have a list of definates please? :)

The usual copy/paste thing!

Fatbloke
Tigerlily
Rabbit
Little Monster
Richy Rich

The plan so far is an Italian meal (about 8pm), a few drinkies then maybe Jilly's Rockworld (for those that fancy it and are still standing) :D

I just hope I can get rid of my cold by then *snuffle snuffle* :(

eh? what? is this for the friday night? keh? :confused:

A Yerbury
04-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Me as well Yerbs - Into France most weeks - small problem though - I am a Northerner - and an old git as well. Still, I could take your bike out for a spin!

I'm an old git too (34 going on 64) the old git bit is not a problem, the northern aspect? as long as you can hold your own in society and know your cutlery that should be ok. I can not abide crude behaviour and embarrasment.

Richy Rich
04-02-2005, 07:05 PM
How do you know if something's cultured or not Yerbs? I only ask 'cos we're going to somewhere called Jilly's Rock Club next Friday. How will I Know if it's cultured or not? The sign outside used to be a big lass in denim headbanging. Is this a good sign?

A Yerbury
04-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Excellent! for a second there I imagined it to be done in neon (I can dream) ....there will be culture there Richy, yes, although the type normally found growing in a petri dish. Sounds like a hoot in fact "yah, ackshelly a bit of a bloody DC fan myself yah"

Richy Rich
04-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Now you mention it, I think it was neon, with animated head banging. I'm sure someone else will remember. I used to go past on the 49 bus. The only better sign on Oxford Road was 'Madam something or other Hairdresser To the Stars', in peeling white paint over brick on the second floor of a derelict shop.
All gone now of course. All gone.

A Yerbury
05-02-2005, 12:46 PM
no doubt replaced with cafe nero/starbucks/phones4u/waterstones/clintons, another cool thing about france is the variety on the hight street, artisans fixing violins, excuisite chocolate shops (no not like in hansel and gretal) and purveyors of fine lingerie.

Richard_S
06-02-2005, 08:40 AM
and nicolas own brand of vino. spent a night with a couple bottles of that and lovely little thing called Alyssa. we were in Montpellier for a few days and it was heaven. memories of the French high street will always keep this old soldier warm! tis funny what generates an arousal of the memoirs. I actually have the very same cork screw on the shelf of memories (wine cork still attached but that’s a different story!)

DesmoDog
07-02-2005, 08:51 AM
And those strange shops that only seem to deal in caractures made from marzipan. Do they have them? I love those shops! But the point was slightly lost on me. Thing I like most about the French is their habit of having really annoying laws emplaced through the EC which they then ignore. Non smoking areas in resaurants was one - I had a bloody good laugh in Biaritz watching an American couple follow the waiters directions to the no smoking area only to find themselves in the car park. Very funny.

DesmoDog
07-02-2005, 09:08 AM
How do you know if something's cultured or not Yerbs? I only ask 'cos we're going to somewhere called Jilly's Rock Club next Friday. How will I Know if it's cultured or not? The sign outside used to be a big lass in denim headbanging. Is this a good sign?

It sounds like a cracking sign. And yes FB, Penrith is North enough.

Tigerlily
08-02-2005, 04:23 PM
eh? what? is this for the friday night? keh? :confused:

Yes, it's for Friday night!

I've found a nice looking Italian (restaurant that is!) so I'll book it tonight.....

Shall we eat at 8??? Let me know quick if it doesn't suit anyone!

fatbloke
08-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Yes, it's for Friday night!

I've found a nice looking Italian (restaurant that is!) so I'll book it tonight.....

Shall we eat at 8??? Let me know quick if it doesn't suit anyone!

sound great to me just give me the address when you decide

Rabbit
09-02-2005, 03:27 PM
The address for the restaurant is....................

Pizzaria Italia
40 Deansgate
Manchester

Shall we meet at 8pm then?

Tigerlily
09-02-2005, 03:29 PM
The last post was from me! I forgot to log in ...........again :o

fatbloke
09-02-2005, 04:36 PM
The address for the restaurant is....................

Pizzaria Italia
40 Deansgate
Manchester

Shall we meet at 8pm then?

the times fine by me and how weird is this
I'm working in Deansgate wa hey!!!

fatbloke
13-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Just a quick thank you to Tiger lilly and Manc shank and there other halves for
looking after me in the big city that is Manchester.
Thanks Guys hope to see you soon

Good luck manc on your move south.
TERRY

manc skank
13-02-2005, 01:17 PM
my pleasure, thanks for the pint :D

Rabbit
13-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Good to meet you Terry.

Let us know next time you're up here, we'll try and arrange a bigger turnout

fatbloke
13-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Good to meet you Terry.

Thanks Mate
I think Penrith's next and there for a week

fatbloke
13-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Good to meet you Terry.

what you really need rabbit is a nice M900 Metallic ;)