PDA

View Full Version : Classic Bike show - Shepton Mallet 12/13 Feb

Duncan
02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Anyone interested in riding down to this show. Its the first of the big classic shows in the year plus theres a jumble and auction, crappy clothing stalls, musty old books, overpriced food and all the usual show stuff. As usual I shall get my boots cleaned on the wonderful revolutionary boot cleaning stand then say no thanks to buying any of the over priced dubbin on sale.

I am thinking of meeting at Riders Bristol caff about 10am for a cuppa, leaving about 10.30 for the 40 minute trundle down. Anyone interested?

One man and his dog, went to mow a meadow .......

JR
05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Looks like the bleedin Lone Ranger and Tonto again Dunc.

Let me just check :-
Will the sun be out
Will it be raining
Will the Bike start
Will the bike be taxed
Will it be cold
Will I be to hot
Will it be windy
Will I get home to watch East Enders
Will I put miles on my bike and devalue it
Will my bike get dirty
Will Ben puke up all over me again
Will we ever get 30 days in February
Will I find many more excuses for not giving it Coco

Who F in cares - See you Saturday - Woof , Woof

JR

Sarah
05-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Hoping to go on the Sunday. Shame, I'm going to miss meeting you guys :(
Hope the weather is good to you :)

JR
05-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Sarah,
You aint missed much meeting me, I am old, slow, worn out etc, etc, unlike Duncan, who is Monsterism pesonified! (Bit like fat bloke only slim)
He can of course be swayed by a pretty woman - he might change the run to Sunday with the excuse that more Monster Members may have more free time then. Watch this space!

JR

Duncan
06-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Sarah,
You aint missed much meeting me, I am old, slow, worn out etc, etc, unlike Duncan, who is Monsterism pesonified! (Bit like fat bloke only slim)

JR

Thanks JR, the slim bit doesnt come as easy for me these days. You omitted to say that you can still burn the candle at both ends, drink cider like a local and pull the birds with ease.

Sarah,

He can of course be swayed by a pretty woman - he might change the run to Sunday with the excuse that more Monster Members may have more free time then. Watch this space!

JR

I can be persuaded to do almost anything by a pretty woman. Just dont get enough persuasion.

Mark Walker
09-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Well I would have come if it wasn't for the fact that I have a flat tyre, and have dismantled large parts of the bike in an effort to 'clean' it!

That an the fact I am spending all wek in Bristol doing 12 hour days listening to lectures about epidemiology....which means I am going to sit very still all weekend and do nothing but drink beer....and read newspapers......

Duncan
11-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Weather forecast for Saturday from Radio Bristol 1pm Friday.

'Overnight there will be rain fizzling out but very mild. Rain till about 9am Saturday, clearing by 10 and late morning will be dry and bright. Temperatures will fall in the afternoon from 12c to about 7c but it will be bright. Much colder Sunday.'

So once again folks, I have booked you a weather window. Now its down to you lot...

D

JR
11-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Dunc

I will give you a bell in the morrow.

JR

JR
12-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Sarah,

Dunc was almost right with the weather - just the odd touch of drizzle

I have never been to that show before, but thought it superb.

JR

A Yerbury
12-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I'd love to stand around a wind blown marquee with a group of crumblers, shivering in belstaffs, supping nescafe from a plastic cup whilst peering at antique sunbeam fuel tanks......sadly however the siamese twins will be busy snorting charlie out of my buttocks as madam plays havoc with my throat. And I am only 13......
have fun tho!

Duncan
12-02-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd love to stand around a wind blown marquee with a group of crumblers, shivering in belstaffs, supping nescafe from a plastic cup whilst peering at antique sunbeam fuel tanks......sadly however the siamese twins will be busy snorting charlie out of my buttocks as madam plays havoc with my throat. And I am only 13......
have fun tho!

You need to get out of that little Fantasy world Yerbs. its not healthy to sit in your bedroom playing jerky in front of the computer all day.

Like the T shirt say's 'We came, we saw, we Monstered!'

Meet at Ducati Bristol, too many cups of tea before riding over to Louigi Moto for elevenses and the chance to look at some top race bikes being prepared before the ride to Shepton.

A great show and very well attended. As well as the usual range of Brit bikes some wonderful exotic machinery both old and modern from the likes of MV Agusta, Benelli, Bianchi, Moto Guzzi, Laverda, et al. Some great race bikes including several ex Ron Haslam, and loads of off road bikes. Ducatis well represented with everything from singles to Hailwood reps and some stuff straight off the race track in WSB and BSB.

Nice to meet so many friends old and new. From a bloke I served my time with 20 or so years ago to our popular former Dorset reps Bunny and Sue who are very well and riding Triumph's.

Saw a Monny leaving in Bristol direction just as we arrived about 1pm, anyone from here?

A Yerbury
12-02-2005, 07:55 PM
playing jerky? I know not this? still, I'm glad you had fun dear boy, it does all sounds rather fascinating.
yours with the usual affection etc.
AY.x

Sarah
12-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Duncan, Im glad the weather held off for you & JR today :) sounds like its the usual good fayre at Shepton then?

Keeping fingers x'd for the weather in the morning :cool:

Just a tip, why dont you just ignore the aflicted one :lol: I have it on ignore now and makes going through these pages so much easier ;)

:)

JR
12-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Yerbs,

Thank you for your response (as ever), - my posting was intended for Sarah, so, sorry if I confused you. As a crumbler myself I often confuse people - they mistake me for someone who gives a dam. But hey, give me your address in France and I will call round next week to partake of your hospitality and have a ride on your bike.

JR

Zimbo
12-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Oooo that's not fair JR, I want a ride on Yerb's bike too! Can I, please??? :p

A Yerbury
12-02-2005, 09:29 PM
errrr what response? sorry JR I dont have a clue who you are? I was meerly taking a pop at duncan and his worryingly pathological and still running obsession with (we all know at least one nudge nudge) people that he is convinced pretend to own ducati monsters? are you his friend? perhaps you could have a word with him? and why would you want to ride my bike? yes shes pretty but I dont go giving the keys to all and sundry, ukmoc member or not. lighten up girls...if you want to make remarks about people then fair do s just dont go all hissy bitches when someone replies.
AY.x
ps apologies for the crumbly remark, it was intended as an indicator of mental age not physical. I respect old folk.

A Yerbury
12-02-2005, 09:30 PM
of course you can Zim, you said the magic word!

JR
12-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Yerbington,

Sorry young man, it must be me, I thought you responded to my comment addressed to Sarah. Sad to say, I note your reluctance to offer me hospitality in France, and likewise a ride on your bike. You may note that Duncan is my friend, and though I am much older and wiser than he, have spent more years biking than he has. However, he is a much better rider than I am. So,though he has enlightened my high speed riding ability (along with cider drinking) I would not presume to speak to him on your behalf (or Yerberyhalf even) viz his obsession (as you so succinctly put it) for fear he may instruct Ben (a nast spotty 16year old) to puke over me yet again.
As a crumbly I like to ride other people's bikes cos I can thrash the nuts off them when they are not watching - suffice to say that I would let you have a go on mine on production of a full UK licence.
Your hospitality on my next visit to France would be most appreciated as I dont travel well without the odd cup of tea (biscuits for dipping into the tea would be nice as well, but, I can bring my own).
Zimbo I think is winding you up - his dad is an old rocker from Sarf Afrika - the frogs will stop him at the border in Dover, so no chance that you need feel obliged to offer him a ride.
Must go now, the nurse has arrived with my cocoa.

JR

Zimbo
13-02-2005, 06:45 AM
You're just jealous JR cos he offered me his keys :D :D :D

Glad you enjoyed the show, was tied up this weekend so couldn't make it but I do most years, agree it's a really good and interesting show. Catch up soon though. Can I have a go on your cocoa? :p

A Yerbury
13-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Apologies accepted JR old Bean, bring your scratcher over as I have full uk and french license, thrash away! she is only a 600 and thus bulletproof just mind the paintwork dear, that was/is costly to maintain, although I may yet go the way of the mink a la Duncan?

Speaking of the charming young promoter of energy drinks and motorcycling antiquity, I have attached a picture, sadly it’s not "biometric" and there is no newspaper to accompany and verify but anyway… my Father also features, he is not South African but he is rather old- 60! And tres bonkers, perhaps a discreet frame would set it off nicely…bugger and shizer, speaking of setting off –boom boom- the wind has got my alarm going hang on…that‘s better and remember this is calvados and that means cider country!
Alex.
Ps nice to meet you finally etc, for an old guy daddy o you seem like a bit of a hot cat, keep a rockin and a rollin!