PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake in Barnsley(Yorkshire)

bod
30-01-2005, 12:28 PM
A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the richter scale hit in the early hours of this morning.
The epicentre was Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England.
News of the disaster was swiftley carried by 85,000 racing pigeons.Victims were seen wondering around aimlessly muttering "foookinell" and "choofinnorah".The earthquake decimated the whole area causing approximatly £30 worth of damage.Several pricless collections of momentos from travels around the world were destroyed,from such places as the Balearics,Sapnish Costa's and Buttlins.
Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed,and many locals were woken well before time to get up and collect thier Giro.
One resident -Tracy Sharon Braithwaite,a 15 year old mother of 3 said,
"it was such a shock my little Chardonnay Madonna came running into my bedroom crying neary knocking over my bottle of Thunderbird.My youngest 2 Tyler Morgan and Britney Storm slept through it all."I was still shaking the next morning when having a fag watching Trisha"!

Apparently though looting,muggings and car crime happly carried on as normal.The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of sunny delight to the affected area.Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large ammounts of personal belongings,which included benefit books,jewelleryfrom Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from Poundland.
How can you help though?
This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disater.Clothing is most sought after,items needed include:
Fila or Burberry baseball caps
Kappa tracksuits tops(matching his and hers)
White sport socks
Rockport boots.
Food parcels may be harder to come by,but are needed all the same.Required foodstuffs include micowave meals,tins of spam,ice cream,cans of special brew.
Just 22p will buy a biro for filling out the compensation forms,£2.00 buys fish,chips,scraps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9,and a mere £5 will get a packet of B&H some green Rizzla papers and a lighter.Urgently needed is canned whippet food!
Please do not send tents for shelter ,as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population in neighbouring areas.

Bod :D

CraigMac
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I like that!!
Regards

bod
05-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Respect to the Yorkshire folk :)