PDA

View Full Version : February the 6th charity run for Tsunami Earthquake Appeal

peteS4
25-01-2005, 01:11 PM
ok, seems theres a run planned very soon, still trying to get details from the leics girls and when i know we will take it from there..... any up for a ride let me know

queen_gpants
25-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Count me and Radar in, I don't think we have anything else planned for the 6th

peteS4
25-01-2005, 01:18 PM
nice one... not sure how many others but its about time i had a good day out......

madhatter
25-01-2005, 01:47 PM
nice one... not sure how many others but its about time i had a good day out......

Pete, let me know when you know, what time and where Bucks are meeting up. I'm actually camping this week-end on a "Bad-ass Biker Rally", ;) but I could leave early and meet-up with everyone in Bucks. Anyone who wants to go from Beds will have to meet me in Bucks this time. Sorry.

peteS4
26-01-2005, 05:26 PM
ok........ to all from this area who want a ride out, this could be it. as you know there are groups from all over meeting at the national bike museum near the nec on feb 6 and it could be a good thing to be part of.... or at least to enjoy a ride. steve said he will only leave his campsite early if we get a good enough number together, 2 or 3 wont bring him...... so.............

queen_gpants and radar, you said you would be up for it, so who else is in, kevlar kid, what do you say.......
heres a few people i hope pop in and say yes

mummsie and robin
kevlar kid
queen and radar
stormie
doc
if most of you say yes, madhatter will come too....... we can sort out a route once we know its a goer....... put your name down and lets see how many we can get

The Kevlar Kid
26-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I could be up for this as the bike is fixed now. But I have a nasty feeling I have something else on on that day. I'll check with my social secretary (she who must be obeyed) and confirm.

madhatter
27-01-2005, 06:37 AM
ok........ to all from this area who want a ride out, this could be it. as you know there are groups from all over meeting at the national bike museum near the nec on feb 6 and it could be a good thing to be part of.... or at least to enjoy a ride. steve said he will only leave his campsite early if we get a good enough number together, 2 or 3 wont bring him....... put your name down and lets see how many we can get

I'm not being difficult folks, but leaving early for this requires some serious commitment, cutting back on the beer consumption the night before, getting up and packing a tent up before mid-day etc etc... :eek: ....Apart from all that, as Pete says, it's our first good opportunity to all get together and go for our first 2005 ride-out, so a good turn out would make it a great event, and for a memorable cause......come on, you know you want to!!! :twisted:

How about;

Chris - Beds
Martin - Beds
Tom - Beds
Chappers - Beds (you legal yet and on the road??)
Dutchman - Beds
Davezoo999 - Beds
Laurent - Bucks
RunningMan - Main shareholder and resident of the Ace Cafe
Will - Cambs (you met up with us once for the MMM)

STEVE.. :D :burnout:

LAURENT
28-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Someone nice could explain me more about this !
Where are we going? how long is the ride ?
I don't mind to freeze but not too long !!!!!!

Laurent

peteS4
31-01-2005, 01:25 AM
i cant make it guys....... i forgot about something important happening to me on wednesday.... or more to the point, tried to block it from my memory......... a few years ago i got badly sunburnt and a mole appered on my left ear, i thought nothing of this and got on with life. just before xmas my sweetheart chappers nagged me into getting it looked at, i was told the mole was infact a small blob of the worst kind of skin cancer you can get....... this wednesday afternoon i am over the moon to be having to top half of my ear removed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, i guess its better than being dead...... anyway, theres not a hope in hell i'll be able to wear a lid for at least a few weeks......... really sorry guys but i cant forget it any longer, only 3 days to go......................!!!!!!!!!!

madhatter
31-01-2005, 12:27 PM
...... this wednesday afternoon i am over the moon to be having to top half of my ear removed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

:eek: ....Mate!! You are gonna look sooo Hard!!!! get them to pierce it while they are operating and put a big chrome tee-bar through it... :twisted:

All the girls love a big scar....you can tell them you had it bitten off at "Fight-Club"... ;)

The Kevlar Kid
31-01-2005, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=peteS4]this wednesday afternoon i am over the moon to be having to top half of my ear removed !!!!QUOTE]

****, sorry to hear that - hope the op goes ok, I'm sure it will.

On the upside, at least it wasn't after a days sunbathing on the nudist beach, it might have been the tip of something else......

Chappers
31-01-2005, 12:54 PM
just before xmas my sweetheart chappers nagged me into getting it looked at, i was told the mole was infact a small blob of the worst kind of skin cancer you can get....... this wednesday afternoon i am over the moon to be having to top half of my ear removed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hun, you know what they say 'chicks dig scars' :lol:

Like I said, you'll be fine and it's better than being dead - it'll make you unique and individual ;)

A Yerbury
31-01-2005, 01:00 PM
they dig scars but they dig ears too no!? hope it goes well, and like the lady says its a lot better than pushing up the daisys for a living.
AY.

peteS4
01-02-2005, 10:09 AM
thanks guys........ tomorrows the day....... i know i'm just being silly as so many people go through so much worst but the thing that gets me the most is i have this fear i'll end up looking like someone out of a film........... hands up whose seen the Goonies.............. and if you have, can you guess who i mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Yerbury
01-02-2005, 10:14 AM
or gone a few rounds with Iron Mikey Tyson..

madhatter
01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
thanks guys........but the thing that gets me the most is i have this fear i'll end up looking like someone out of a film........... hands up whose seen the Goonies.............. and if you have, can you guess who i mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate....now you mention it, there is already a certain similarity, have you already got the Superman tee-shirt to go with it?

peteS4
01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
yeah but i ran around the inside of the ring in same direction cos he only hit me on 1 side