PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up Sleepy Suffolk!!!

Nonnie
22-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I say let's have a meet, let's include all of East Anglia and anybody else who fancies it (poor Norfolk has no forum...aww)
So far I seem to be the only one in Suffolk with bike on the road so why don't we go down the pub and get trollied instead while waiting? Come on, you can't fail me for enthusiasm, bring your wife/husband/car whatever but I'd like to meet everyone. I'm suggesting weekend where Feb 12th is a Saturday or I can do the Sunday lunchtime slot the next day. As for the venue, Ipswich would be good as I can stagger home after but I accept the unfairness of this so happy to see who's up for it and suggest a middle meeting place. Go on, you know it makes sense ;)

Paranoid Dave
22-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Love that signature :D

Ahem, back to the point, would hate to waffle ;) Meeting up sounds like a great idea, there's a few faces out there i've not seen for ages or just not seen. So who's about for a drink and a chat? Unpronouncable Henry are you there?

Come march april I'll be back on the road and looking forward to meetin up on two wheels, until then....

She's evil, she's smilie, best of all she's kylie :D

Nonnie
22-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Your signature!!! You're a nutter, I'm not meeting you! Come on everyone else, or it's me and the nutter

Jono
25-01-2005, 10:07 PM
sounds good to me, still need to sort my friggin mot out hopefully get that done this month, feb 12th weekend sounds good also, cant do the saturday but can the sunday, so, we going to do this so i can talk bikes not babies for an hour or so !!??????

Paranoid Dave
25-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Thats right, its all about bikes, babies are banned from conversation ;)
You don't have to get your bike MOT'd for this, car's are perfectly acceptable but it'll be good to meet again and catch up as well as plan a future for the suffolk or anglian section of the club.

What ideas have we so far?

Norwich dealers Veloce said they'd welcome us one day.
A coastal meet would be good, down to the beach one day for a paddle :D
I'll be going up to lincolnshire for the lancaster fire up in July, company will be more than welcome.
Copdock bike run(s)
UKMOC weekend in May
Duxford?

Are there any other engine or vehicle museums in the region?

where do we fancy meeting/going/seeing/riding? Personally I like to ride somewhere and do or see something not just ride around and home, but i realise other people have different needs so it'd be nice if we all got what we wanted out of this biking year. Nows your chance to shout...

Gee
25-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Hello to one and all.
Just signed up last week and got my bike back on the road the same day, that was nice. Anyway back to the point. I'm in Norwich and we have a meet up every Friday through the summer. Its not Monster specific to be fair, although i've had an M750 before my latest, i've always been a 4 pot sports bike rider.
Turns out that another 3 have caught the bug and all bought Monsters within the last few months.
The ride out usually takes us into Suffolk and then back round to Gt Yarmouth to The White Swan. (Now i'm getting to the point). Friday night at The White Swan is a huge meet for every sort of bike you can think of, bar-b-q, sea, sand. Well its in a pub car park, but the sea and sand is just down the road. Damn....... point being, if there is anybody in the area that might be a good place to hook up? Being as Norwich, not even Norfolk seems to be represented looks like i may be riding in a group of 4.
Just out of interest, Chris Clarke Motorcycles which is listed for Norfolk closed a few years ago. That place is'nt selling anything.

Nonnie
26-01-2005, 08:52 AM
It's all coming nicely together now! As soon as I can work out when everybody is free weekend of the 12th then I'll post you times and place.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Nonnie
26-01-2005, 10:23 PM
:) OK then, got confirmation from peeps from Great Yarmouth, Norwich and Ipswich. Middle ground has been suggested as Bungay/Beccles/Southwold. Can anyone suggest where we can have Sunday lunch around those parts? The Sunday being the 13th Feb. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Paranoid Dave
26-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey Kimbo, we'll do a bressingham meet when I have a bike and it's open for business, shame you can't make the 13th. I don't know of anywhere in particular so long as they do crumble and custard I don't mind ;)
If we can't find a particular place we could just meet in a recognisable car park and then drive to the first good looking pub we find, but best to book a spot in the pub if anyone wants to eat - like me. Heaven forbid we get there and they won't serve me any food. :eek:

walkingpictures
26-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Hey Kimbo, we'll do a bressingham meet when I have a bike and it's open for business, shame you can't make the 13th. I don't know of anywhere in particular so long as they do crumble and custard I don't mind ;)
If we can't find a particular place we could just meet in a recognisable car park and then drive to the first good looking pub we find, but best to book a spot in the pub if anyone wants to eat - like me. Heaven forbid we get there and they won't serve me any food. :eek:

Yeah,will do that Dave,have to get my map out and find Bressingham ;) hope you had a great birthday even though you don't drink..my bike doesn't go on the road for a while yet but come the summer I am sure we can get together,take it easy and hope you get the bike sorted all ok

Kimbo :)

Nonnie
27-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Hi to Gee by the way. Are you going to make it and bring your new Monster buddies?

Paranoid Dave
27-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah,will do that Dave,have to get my map out and find Bressingham ;) hope you had a great birthday even though you don't drink..my bike doesn't go on the road for a while yet but come the summer I am sure we can get together,take it easy and hope you get the bike sorted all ok

Kimbo :)

Not a bad day thanks Kimbo, better one today - got some ink on me, I'm sure you know what I mean :D I'm sure Kylie will be up and about in a month or so, coming along nicely so I'll finally get to sea you in leather this year, still can't picture it ;)

Gee
01-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Hello Nonnie,
got a few that are always up for a Sunday lunch. Weather permitting, I'm sure they will be up for it. I've got blue skys and sunshine here today. Give it another couple of weeks and we'll be riding about in speedos and flip flops. Have you got a venue as yet and any other interested parties?

Nonnie
01-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Gee, speedo's and flip flops???!! You first mate!

I took a ride out to Southwold on Sunday but got sidetracked with the amazing machines on the pier and totally failed in my mission to find a decent pub. However, I am reliably informed that there are many lovely pubs there especially The Harbour Inn which is just outside the town. I am going to check out online exactly where it is and give them a call to check out the menu. I think there are 4 definites so far not including you and yours.

Nonnie
01-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Area: Southwold
Category: Gastropubs
Address: The Harbour Inn, Southwold, IP18 6TA
Phone: 01502 722381
Hours: Open 11am-11pm Mon-Sat; noon-10.30pm Sun.Lunch served noon-2.30pm, dinner served 6-9pm daily.
Prices: Main courses £8-£11.
Credit cards: MC, V

Perfectly perched on the Southwold side of the River Blyth, the Harbour Inn has long been a haunt of locals and visitors alike. It has views over the harbour, a big ramshackle garden leading on to the marshes, snug rooms with roaring fires in winter, good beer, a hearty menu and fabulous fish and chips. A mound of locally caught crunchy sprats, pork and garlic bangers with lashings of mash, and flaky haddock in Adnams beer batter were all dishes to savour. A delicious, predictably mountainous apple crumble and custard finished the feast. The kitchens are understandably busy at peak times, but the quality of food is consistently good. This mecca of comfort food is best approached after a long day in the fresh air.

Did you get the crumble and custard bit Dave?! It sounds lovely. How about this then? Can you shout out Yay or Nay please as it looks like it needs booking.
Thanks

Paranoid Dave
01-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Reading you loud and clear Naomi :D Its a big crumbly Yey from me with lashings of hot Custardy Yeh on top.

Should we say about 12.30, so we can get there any time from 12 and hang about watching the water til they throw us out ;)

M900nster
08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Glad to see it's Southwold. The Harbour Inn's excellent. Lets hope it doesn't snow!
Love to all
Henry

Nonnie
08-02-2005, 09:58 PM
What?! No! I'm just getting into Summer mode..

Hopefully see you Sunday