PDA

View Full Version : fuel light mystery

nid
22-01-2005, 04:52 PM
hello all,
I have a 900ie which has a problem with the fuel light in that it always goes on when I turn on the ignition.... whatever the fuel level.
I can disconnect the block connector just below the tank on the rhs and the light goes out but I would rather fix the problem. I have noticed that there is a large nut on the rhs of the tank just near the hinge and i am wondering if that is the way to the fuel level sensor.
If I do manage to take it out, is it easy to fix? do I need to get a replacement? Can you offer me any advice?

Thanks!

stef
22-01-2005, 05:03 PM
if it's the same as with my 600, it's through that big nut.
first empty the tank throught the tap, or the drain plug (the small nut, right at the back of the tank)
then unscrew the BIG nut, and here is your sensor.
something i have just noticed today: if the tank is dry empty, the light doesnt come on.. as soon as you start filling up, there it goes, and then, it switches off again, when you reach a safe level. therefore, dont be alarmed if you replace the sensor and test it on an empty tank. it should stay off.
the whole thing is definitely manageable for someone with limited mechanical skills.

Richard_S
22-01-2005, 08:56 PM
the whole thing is definitely manageable for someone with limited mechanical skills.

bless ur heart, tis one for me then!

tomorrow we are learning about wheels and who knows, by the time gandalf has been outclassed and out shadowed I may well get my new spanners out! :)

A Yerbury
22-01-2005, 09:32 PM
"I too have a BIG nut........but the Doc assures me its benign! boom! so any way, I just flew in from Detroit.......MY ARMS ARE KILLING ME!!!!"

etc.

Richard_S
22-01-2005, 09:37 PM
my brain is proped up copies of high life magazine.

Detroit in the snow does liquify on the tongue though.

hang on, i'll grab my spear!

a mean eye, some close casket time jive talk and an over bearing stature scared the eskimo away last time

A Yerbury
22-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I prefer Time life circa the good ole days, that Richard Nixons a bit of a cad eh!? I am going to email AKITO as I now have inky thumbs. attn folks: if you ever want dark blue thumbs dont waste money on dye..oh no, simply don akito gloves in the rain..ta daaa!

Richard_S
23-01-2005, 09:02 AM
i got caught very short after a night playing away in Montpellier. Took my kit 10 days to properly dry and my hands looked like a bad case of stigmata which despite obvious draw backs did make for interesting ice breaking conversations. They were my teeny weeny alpinestars. Its true, nothings made properly anymore, after ur note seek out nicky c for full wrath and shaming.

A Yerbury
23-01-2005, 12:26 PM
stigmata of the thumb? its a bit too much of a comedy digit for religios pathos. nicky clarke...nearly ran him over on my cx500 once.

Richard_S
23-01-2005, 12:32 PM
comedy can be found within any of the fingers. you know that already though but i do like the occasional puzzle. take it that its a bit damp and hairy in your uptopinan bubble today, fear not for Paris will be forever :)

A Yerbury
23-01-2005, 12:35 PM
today is blissfull, just got back from a blast over to monsiour le jet wash, then its apperitifs later. whats this nick c reference oh blessed child?

Richard_S
23-01-2005, 12:41 PM
nicky campbell of crime watch and watchdog fame. Its quite scary how much junk one can hold along with the pearls. Jet wash eh, now that’s a mean euphemism.

i have heating, tunes, a big bag of daisy grass and a firm intention to kick back for the foreseeable.

I’ve had an idea of sorts and will be PMing you in the next few days.
Commitment to time is one issue I have met head on and blown a raspberry too!

A Yerbury
23-01-2005, 01:00 PM
I did an about turn and exit stage left when the bastard tried to apprehend me in my late teens (teens, what a daft age to be....) any way the !!!!ers been on my tail ever since like times winged chariot drawing near....zoinks there he is -slurp-

Richard_S
23-01-2005, 01:05 PM
http://www.radiusdefense.com/conditions.php

$186,400.00 for the king daddy. And we commend ourselves on live aid type concerts with the incredibly irritating jules holland. what a wonderful world.

the remedy for life

nid
25-01-2005, 07:10 AM
ARRRRRRGHHHHHHH I ve got a hijack! My thread has been hijacked! Someone tell the 'orforities' and they can shoot it down before it causes any harm!

JR
25-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Nid,

Same thing happened when I had my M600. A new sensor from Ducati will cost around the fifty quid mark.

JR