PDA

View Full Version : Pipes, Jets, Filters etc, etc.

Rufus-T-Firefly
20-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Fellow Monster owners,
I need a bit of advice please. I have a 97 M750 to which I have fitted a set of Art race cans, I am also planning to fit a performance air filter and chop some holes in the airbox lid. Could someone please advise me on the carb adjustments and jet size changes that I need to complement these mods.
Thanks.

A Yerbury
20-01-2005, 10:21 AM
go to the dynojet website, they are all listed there. buy em direct or via catalogue

gary tompkins
20-01-2005, 04:16 PM
The Dynojet kit also includes replacement needles, carb slide springs as well as a selection of main-jets. A lot of tuners sell it as a kit complete with air filter, and it's usually cheaper than buying the parts individually.

Factory Pro in the USA also sell jet kits for monsters, and although more expensive can give better results if set up correctly.

madhatter
20-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Fellow Monster owners,
I need a bit of advice please. I have a 97 M750 to which I have fitted a set of Art race cans, I am also planning to fit a performance air filter and chop some holes in the airbox lid. Could someone please advise me on the carb adjustments and jet size changes that I need to complement these mods.
Thanks.

Hey there Rufus! I've also got a 97 M750 which is also fitted with a set of ART cans. I haven't made any changes to the filter or airbox, but was also thinking about Dynojetting this year, as the fuel consumption is pretty thirsty.....or could that be the way I ride it.. :twisted:

A Yerbury
20-01-2005, 09:08 PM
sils, dynojet and box, I get 120 between warning lights? sound about right?

monstro78
23-01-2005, 01:48 PM
My 97 M750 runs with high level Sils, stage 3 Dynojet and a K&N filter/open airbox. Excellent power everywhere, but lots of surging on/off tickover, especially in cold weather.
Managed to alleviate most of it by very careful carb balancing, increasing the tickover, M900 plugs with a larger gap and a good dose of Pro FST if the temperature is anything below 4.C.(oil cooler turned off)
Around town I get about 125 between orange lights, which makes it pretty thirsty by my standards.