PDA

View Full Version : Decal Info

dazzi-b
19-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Does anybody know of anywhere that will do me a couple of small decals for my bike using my own design? :confused:
I've had a browse on the net trying to find somebody but haven't had much luck :(
Has anybody else had any done?

fatbloke
19-01-2005, 08:58 PM
try the small ads in MCN

Scotty
19-01-2005, 09:06 PM
thers a pushbike shope in barnsley that al cut anything for ya
in some sort of stickerness cant remember what its called though
:( though i only actually heard about it and that was a few years ago now

Zimbo
19-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Any signwriter will. You know, the places that signwrite vans and things, every town has several. Design is created or scanned onto computer, then cut out by very accurate machine in any colour you like, and applied to whatever part of your bike you want. Won't cost much either.

A Yerbury
19-01-2005, 10:01 PM
I looked online for bona fide duke decals and google threw plenty of bespoke people at me, as the master of the pie chart says, any good printers signwriters will do them.

JMo
19-01-2005, 10:02 PM
You could send Dark-Jon a PM here on the forum - he's a graphic artist, and is currently working for a signwriters I believe...

... he also does a nice line in hand-printed T-shirts - he's done a few for MOC members now, and can cater for individual designs/ideas... matching bike and Tee perhaps?!

(and he can buy me a drink if he get's your business x)

xxx

grunter
19-01-2005, 10:57 PM
a place in slough like someone said nearly any sign/ticker maker will product you a sticker picture - disc - or sketch? i think the one in slough was called all signs m916 in silver x2 about £5

Byron Kauffman
20-01-2005, 12:14 AM
I am a commercial artist and have them made at local sign shops all the time. Just look for shops that offer "quick" or "speedy" signs and banners, they will have a plotter that cuts the material. Sign shops like to have the art supplied on disc in "Vector" format (looks like a continous line drawing of all the edges). They will do the conversion for a charge but are happier if you can do it yourself or know a artist who can do it for you. A software program called "Streamline" will convert bitmap art to Vector art for you. Your price will be better if you supply the art. If you cant find someone on your side let me know and I can help.
There is also a company now producing special water transfer paper that can be used in a printer to make your own water transfer decals. I havent used it yet but plan to give it a try when I get time.

berto
24-01-2005, 08:44 PM
:cool: A place in Gt Western Rd in Glasgow called signarama have done great work for us for some race bikes.They can do from sketches or e:mail or a disc if you have your design on that,,,in any colour you like :burnout: