PDA

View Full Version : Restrictor

STORMIE
15-01-2005, 10:20 AM
HI, Does anyone know about or have a Restrictor for an m600, does it restrict it to 33bhp so a learner can use the m600, any info will be welcome
bye

grunter
15-01-2005, 12:50 PM
jamcoly i think he had one and there was someone else??? from one of the channel islands??

Albie
15-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Nik the brief I believe has one. :D

nik_the_brief
15-01-2005, 05:23 PM
I do indeed and it's coming out in the very near future.

My understanding is that it's a washer (or two) that restricts the amount of air that enters the carbs. Was chatting to another member today about removing mine for good as my 2 years is nigh on over. When I do you're welcome to it (them) free, gratis and for nothing! :D

gthemanh
10-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Its about a 30 minute job (well 2 minutes to take the washers out themselves, but give it an hour and a half as usual lol ;) ), rest is lifting carbs off enough to get them out. Had a look today to see how easy it would be when my restriction runs out.

It is 2 washers, 1 on each inlet, if you look down towards the throttle butterflies, if they are installed there will be 2 silver washers starring back at you. You will have to push the diaphram black things (technical name has gone from my head) back to see properly.

Hope you understood that :P

nik_the_brief
10-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Yep, was a couple of hours (and skinned knuckles) to get the carbs off the inlet manifolds and ease out the washers and then put it all back together again. No problem, just fiddly.

Only thing is that you'll probably have to get a certificate from a garage confirming that it's restricted to 33bHP for your insurance company.

It's amazing how quickly that 2 years on a restricted licence flies by! :)

Garry Hogan
11-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Of course, being as it's Only a 600 - you probably wont notice a great increase in power - coz there aint a lot to start with :D And so it begins! :lol:

gary tompkins
11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
James did have one on his 600, but I thought it was some kind of bracket on the carbs throttle assembly that just restricted the movement. Maybe there's more than one type of kit :confused:

A Yerbury
11-02-2005, 12:13 PM
for heavens sake dont bother..is there any known case of pc dixon or the cps taking a carb apart to see if the bhp is correct?! just my opinion of course.

nik_the_brief
11-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Yep, I believe there a number of different types, some work by restricting the throttle grip itself I understand. Mine was the washer type.

You're right about the power increase too. Although it has much more punch now (everything's relative!) and doesn't run out of breath over 80 as it used to, it wasn't a scary increase.

dean
11-02-2005, 12:19 PM
i have absolutely nothing of any value to add to this thread. Nor, i confess, have i read anything by anyone else here. I just noticed it wasnt random chat and siezed the opportunity to increase my posts from 59 to 60.

Garry Hogan
11-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Re above, I'm now a 69er :eek: - oooeerrrr missus :D