PDA

View Full Version : Anything else going on in Essex

deadley
13-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Newish member not met no one yet whats happening in the south east? anything planned. Ive not seen another monnie since i've had mine around here get out most weeks but only local to Southend'ish area so far. Loads happening in other counties what about Essex.
See u all soon hopefully :D

A Yerbury
13-01-2005, 11:30 PM
the odd bit of dogging and shotgun/4 x 4 crime scenes?

JMo
14-01-2005, 12:02 AM
the odd bit of dogging and shotgun/4 x 4 crime scenes?

Hee hee - you're on fire tonight Yerbs x

And how about a couple of hundred unwanted pregnancies every Saturday night?

Sorry x

Deadley - how about heading over to Brands Hatch this Saturday (see thread in Kent Events) - should be a bunch from Kent and Sussex there, and maybe further afield too...

xxx

deadley
14-01-2005, 12:40 AM
LOL but thats usual weekend fun :eek:
yeh I will get to Brands Saturday

slob
14-01-2005, 11:10 AM
There're usually quite alot of bikers at the **** Turpin nr. Wickford(A127) when the weather's warmer. I think it's a Wednesday night thing. I'm sure Steveski could tell you. I'll post if I'm going up(probably not for another six weeks or so)

karTER
28-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Newish member not met no one yet whats happening in the south east? anything planned. Ive not seen another monnie since i've had mine around here get out most weeks but only local to Southend'ish area so far. Loads happening in other counties what about Essex.
See u all soon hopefully :D

Newbie too and ride a Monster around Southend.

I drink in Leigh so if you fancy meeting up for a pint sometime, drop me a line. :)

STU65
31-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi there KarTER, deadley,

I asked the same question a while back. If you fancy a run out also let me know I'm not far from you down at Benfleet. If the suns out I'm up for a run.

Turpins ok but ther arn't many if any monsters down there.

PS has anyone heard about a Ducati dealers in Colchester (not Ron Parkinson I know that he went under unfortunately).

karTER
01-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Aye, Benfleet is just up the road from me- I'm in Leigh on Sea. Once I get some free time I'd love to meet up for a beer and a ride out.

No idea about the dealer though, I use Redline on the A13 for all my servicing needs if that helps.

slob
01-02-2005, 11:52 AM
...Turpins ok but ther arn't many if any monsters down there...
That was my experience too, last summer. However, if we coordinated our visits there would be.

STU65
02-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Sounds like we should try to arrange a date. It'll have to be in March, works knee deep this month. Either a Saturday or a Sunday.

Let me know what suits, you and we can swap phone number or just meet up some where.

deadley
02-02-2005, 11:37 PM
yep im up for it too away last week in Feb and first week of March but other than that should be ok for meet and ride

deadley
02-02-2005, 11:39 PM
ohh forgot Redline should have moved to the A127 by the BMW garage by now

karTER
04-02-2005, 08:25 AM
ohh forgot Redline should have moved to the A127 by the BMW garage by now

Have they finally moved now? I know Scot was moving the service centre there and Graham was due to join him, but I still see the showroom at the old place.

Must get down to say hello. :)

daedos
10-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Monnie rider in Billericay. Did the turpin once but it was late November so no-one else was there. I'm only out in fair weather, could be cool to meet up down southend 'strip' in spring

slob
10-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Daedos, I'm meeting Deadly at Boreham on Sunday morning and heading up to Southwold, if it ain't pissing down. All are welcome.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=10390&page=3&pp=15

daedos
11-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Slob - thanks for the offer but it's a bit far for me and the 'dog'. Some other time soon and closer hopefully :)

slob
11-02-2005, 11:28 AM
no worries, the weather's looking kinda iffy anyway...still fingers crossed for less snow in the report tomorrow.

SteveSki
01-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey hey hey......
Long time no speak, how you getting on slob?

A ride out sounds spot on and was thinking, if we can get a few of us together, maybe the turpin wouldn't be such a sad idea...
I mean sure, it's awkward when you're the only (real) biker there but mob handed.....
Of course i'm gonna have to wait untill the weather warms up a little but I may have just purchased some carbon pipes.........so no doubt i'm gonna have to take them for a blat.....

So calling all Essex people.........Slob, Benson, John, Runingman etc......

benson
17-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Hello comrades! :D
THIS TIME NEXT WEEK I WILL HAVE MY MONSTER BACK!!!!! :rolleyes: Bout time really cos I wasn't in need of the heated grips the past two mornings so it much surely be monster weather again!!!!! The paint job is at last complete but hell, the time it takes for a girl to get her hands on a few golden nuts... :eek: Say nothing...

So, spring seems to be sprung - anyone fancy the easter monday ride out to Sarfend from the Ace? Leaving there at 10.30 it's being filmed for some bike show or other - but it's all for charriddy y'know.....SO - I reckon I'll be heading that way, all things being equal like I'm awake, home and have my monnie back.

Other than that I've been trying to enjoy the sunshine and having some annual leave booked next week - hope all is well with the essex monsterites and hope to see a few folk soon!!!

Take it easy...yeah right......

Rachel (a.k.a. Benson)

STU65
19-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Karter, deadley are you up for a ride out tomorrow - 20th March. Let me know if you fancy a trip out.

Albie
19-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Deadly came on a meet to Brands with us in Jan or Feb I think so he knows where I hope. Drag him along then. :D :D

deadley
01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi guys sorry ive been working all weekends recently need to do a few more then i'll be around but also have problem with a warning light that i havent had time to sort yet its the last red light on lower line of single clock dash with a white triangle in it lol dont know or can find out what it is, has just come on but bikes running ok is it a ignition light that should go off with oil light???

gary tompkins
01-04-2005, 10:36 PM
deadley,
Could be the side stand warning light? These were triggered by a small plunger switch on early bikes, and really prone to seizing in which made the light stay lit even when stand was raised. Not sure what the stand warning system /switch is like on other (late 90's) 600's though, but it could still be the switch or maybe wiring at fault?

Sometimes you can salvage the switch with a good dose of WD40, but usually they need replacing to fix the problem for good.

deadley
02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Gary thanks for that checked wiring this afternoon and found a switch with a plunger all insulated taped up pushed plunger in and light went out cool taped it up again problem solved cheers