PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire ride out's

bod
12-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi im reasonably new to this forum and as such have noticed little movement in the yorkshire side of things.I have met one fellow yorkie for a ride out last year and had a couple of good rides.
Where are the rest of you lot?My steed is hidden in the garage at the mo but as is looks like winter isn't coming it's time to (de-sorn) it and get out and about again :)
Anyone out there post below and maybe we can have a meet in the near future...

andros
13-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Hi, yes the Yorkshire members are a bit quiet but there are a few of us on here, I'm in Leeds and tend to ride through the winter as long as the weather is okay and theres not too much of the dreaded salt about.

stef
13-01-2005, 06:49 AM
I am in leeds too (and it hurts my neck...i get me coat)
the bike it also hidden in the garage.
But i am up for a meet sometime as long as it's dry and not so cold!
met up with hammy a couple of months ago for a ride to squires.. it was freezing !

Scotty
13-01-2005, 09:22 AM
defected to the north

where is squires anyway ?

stef
13-01-2005, 10:40 AM
10ish miles north of leeds...
sherburn upon elmet.

Macca
13-01-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm with you Bod - I nearly had her out the garage last weekend but the bloody wind scared me off :o

Macca

bod
13-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Well that's sorted then as soon as we have some half decent weather I will be bugging you all to come out and play :)

dazzi-b
14-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Hiya you lot,
My bike is in the garage still but it's making it's way nearer to the front of the door ready to escape into the big wide world.
I've got a little bit of work to do on it over the next couple of weeks before it's fully ready but I'm up for a meet :)

celt
15-01-2005, 05:20 PM
up in Newcastle mate.

we had a couple of runs last year with the Manchester lot but we're pretty far from each other so the distance has to be worked out so we all do about the same mileage.

see u when the weather is ok and the salt is gone :D

Macca
15-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Sun.... Good

Salt.... Bad!!!!!!!!

Lost Again
26-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Hey everybody,
first post on here so i'll make it a quicky (Mmmm).
Me monsters just gone in to get fixed cos its knackered again, starter motor brushes this time. just wonderin if ne 1 else is stoopid enough to ride in winter? ne 1 up for a ride sumtime soon? weathers not that bad for ridin, honest!!

stef
26-01-2005, 08:23 AM
heyup.
monster is still safely parked in the garage.. cant see it coming out before march or so, loads of work still on going on it (all cosmetics)
where abouts in huds are you ? i spent a few years at uni there.

dazzi-b
26-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Mine's still in the garage too. I still need to get the fuel tank leak sorted out but as I'm not sure what pipes to disconnect to take the tank off without fuel p***ing all over I'm a bit reluctant to start just yet (the Haynes book don't cover my bike and I'm a bit of a mouse till I pluck up courage :( )
It'll be nice to meet up once the weather picks up a bit :burnout:

stef
26-01-2005, 12:30 PM
what year is your bike ?
i just sorted my tank out last month. do you have the tap on the right hand side of the frame ?
this is the easiest way to empty the tank.

dazzi-b
26-01-2005, 12:55 PM
what year is your bike ?
i just sorted my tank out last month. do you have the tap on the right hand side of the frame ?
this is the easiest way to empty the tank.

Hiya Stef

It's a 1998 without a tap on the frame :( From the fuel filter on the underside of the tank the fuel looks to go into a vacuum type valve that's bolted to the frame just where the tank hindge is situated if you know what I mean :confused:

Tigerlily
26-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Greeting from t'other side if the hills :D

I'm up for a ride out when it warms up a bit!

Lost Again......I'm not too far from you....just the other side of the Standege, in Oldham......and Massey's even closer to you...in Holmfirth.
Whereabouts in Hudders are you, I visit family over there quite regular too?

stef
26-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Hiya Stef

It's a 1998 without a tap on the frame :( From the fuel filter on the underside of the tank the fuel looks to go into a vacuum type valve that's bolted to the frame just where the tank hindge is situated if you know what I mean :confused:

umm... dunno about this one..
i would imagine that it has a drain plug ?
is your tank leaking at the hinge as well ?

dazzi-b
26-01-2005, 01:40 PM
umm... dunno about this one..
i would imagine that it has a drain plug ?
is your tank leaking at the hinge as well ?

It seems to be leaking from somewhere around the hinge bracket that's welded to the tank. At first I thought it was along the tank seam. Would it be just easier to run the engine to use the fuel up? There's not much in it. (it's not leaking much but that's not the point) :mad:

Lost Again
26-01-2005, 02:09 PM
just livin in paddock at minute, not far from centre o huds.
originally from northumberland tho, where the twistys just keep on comin :D

bike mite b comin off the road for a couple weeks sumtime soon tho, plannin on choppin the back end off and replacin with a single seat carbon 916 job. not sure if its a great idea yet. shud probs just get the thing runnin right first! nebody else have problems wi misfirin in the wet? ordered some dyna coils and leads so that might help it a bit

stef
26-01-2005, 02:19 PM
It seems to be leaking from somewhere around the hinge bracket that's welded to the tank. At first I thought it was along the tank seam. Would it be just easier to run the engine to use the fuel up? There's not much in it. (it's not leaking much but that's not the point) :mad:

yep, sounds like the hinge, petrol just drips slowly on the sprocket cover !
we've had a few threads on this one. I couldnt beleive it was the hinge either, i thought it was the seals on the sensors and plugs. The hinge is welded on the tank, it's not the tank that's built around the hinge, so i couldnt see how it could leak. I have had it soldered last months, and after a small headache of tank twisting, it's now back on the bike, garanteed leak free. problem solved.
i'd recommend this approach, although others have been suggested, but i havent tried them.

to empty the tank... how about just disconnecting the filter, and emptying from there ?

dazzi-b
26-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Yep, I think draining it that way is going to be the best option :) I'll give it a go at the weekend and see what happens. Thanks for your imput :)

Scotty
26-01-2005, 08:47 PM
humm wetness and monsters oh its bad
us 600 was a absolute nightmate in the wet
and us s4 has now started to missbehave in the wet an all
grrrrr

so anyone up for a ride this weekend then ?

Lost Again
27-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm up 4 a ride at some point but it'll have to be when me bikes fixed.
Its currently more broken than a fish that thinks its a tree. don't believe me? I've seen tree fish before (can't see dead people tho, odd that....)

Tigerlily
27-01-2005, 04:46 PM
^^^^^

And I thought I was wierd :eek: ;) :p

dazzi-b
27-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Hiya Julie,
Aint seen you on the site for a while :eek:

bod
27-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Fish and Trees.... :confused: went over my head or is it some strange West Yorks expresion?

dazzi-b
27-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Fish and Trees.... :confused: went over my head or is it some strange West Yorks expresion?

Aint got a clue.............I'm confused too :confused: :confused:

Tigerlily
27-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi Dazzi

I've not been about for a while cos I've I've been sulking ;)

You been out much?

Tigerlily
27-01-2005, 07:59 PM

I've heard of sheep in trees...........but that's a family thing :eek:

dazzi-b
27-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi Dazzi

I've not been about for a while cos I've I've been sulking ;)

You been out much?

I hope you have over come your sulkiness now and all is well :)
I aint been out too much.......the weather has been a bit cr*p me thinks. I've done a bit of work on the bike over the past month or so and I've still got a couple of things to do.
Have you heard owt from StevieJ? Aint seen him on here for a while either.
I hope we all get more of a chance to get together this year, It'll be nice meeting you all again :)

Tigerlily
27-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Think steviej must be hibernating :lol:

Yep we'll have to meet up again, it was nice seeing you at squires that time...... roll-on spring and some warmer sunnier weather :D

dazzi-b
27-01-2005, 08:38 PM
roll-on spring and some warmer sunnier weather :D

I was nice seeing you and the rest of the gang. I'm looking forward to meeting you all again :)

Tigerlily
27-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I'll try to wake up the rest of the Manky lot and then we could maybe sort out a "Sunday Meat Up" as Stevie calls it!

Seems like one or two people are still fiddleing with their bikes (me included :( ) so we could do something at the beginning of March if that suits everyone?

How does that sound peeps?

bod
27-01-2005, 11:48 PM
GREAT plenty of intrest here then.Seems all of you Yorky's have come out of the woodwork :) Still a few dark nites left to modify(fix) our bikes then it's playtime :D

Lost Again
28-01-2005, 07:59 AM
sorry bout that last comment, wasn't intendin to confuse. just wrote the first thing that popped in2 my head. thinkin bout it, maybe i should see sum1 bout that.........

just got bike picked up last night so mr. fix it can urmm.... fix it.
shud b bak on road next week sumtime, anyone out there ridin at minute or is it just me bein young and stupid?

pooh
28-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Just let me know when and where and I will try to be there for any rideouts

Ian

Lost Again
31-01-2005, 11:00 AM
nice 1.
still havn't got the bike back yet, damn starter motors. (shudda just pretended i was racin an bump started evrywhere, or not....)

shud hav me bike sumtime this week so i'l be up 4 a ride wenever its not p*ssin down.
neways, wheres all the other people that ride in winter? theres gota b more than 2! :burnout:

lox
26-02-2005, 07:24 PM
So there is some life in Yorkshire :eek: and we have an area :bunny: F***ing Hell when did that happen :confused: Does Boppy know and also who's our area rep :confused: Who's still alive from last year then :confused: come on don't be shy your mother wasn't ;) Hay hay!!!
Rich :burnout:

dazzi-b
26-02-2005, 07:44 PM
So there is some life in Yorkshire :eek: and we have an area :bunny: F***ing Hell when did that happen :confused: Does Boppy know and also who's our area rep :confused: Who's still alive from last year then :confused: come on don't be shy your mother wasn't ;) Hay hay!!!

Where have you been hibernating? Thought you would never show up :D :D

pooh
26-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi Rich
still here and riding the bike every day even in the snow don't you love that engine breaking. Let us know when you fancy a ride out and me and Lorraine will meet up with you. have you seen anything of Boppy recently.

Ian

Tigerlily
26-02-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't mind bravin the cold as long as it's not wet!

Keep uo Lox.....you've had an area for ages now.....I think a certain Manky lass had something to do with it! :D

Tigerlily
26-02-2005, 10:17 PM
...........anyone out there ridin at minute or is it just me bein young and stupid?

It's not just you.....I got snowed on a couple of weeks back!!!! :eek:

lox
27-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Hay Tigerlily,
Go to bed you've been on the site all night again :eek:
I spent £500 on Gortex bike gear in October so l have been testing it ;) and l passed my advanced bike test on January the 4th this year :D so l was practising all the time up to then and have been out every week since then (on Denise's 600 Fazer :eek:) Unfortnately have sold the S4R last week as I need to build a new garage :( Am now looking for another cheaper V-Twin to knock about on. If you are up for a run then give us a nod ;)

pooh
27-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Rich
Sorry to hear the S4R has gone but we all need a garage, I still have not got my new workshop built I have tried to work out were to start but I must be stupid cos it dont look right. I have a big heap of briese blocks in the front garden ready for when I get the foundations laid but thats as far as I have got.

Ian
Shedless

Lost Again
28-02-2005, 09:41 AM
not too keen on the whole snow thing. decided it would be a good idea to ride snakes pass last sunday, was a crackin ride til i got snowed on. not too bad tho, only a little bit. tried 2 get out yesterday but me bikes decided that the rear cylinder doesn't wanna work, not firing at all. knackers! droppin it off at fix it blokey 2nite so shud be sorted by the weekend but... I'm off home 2 northumberland 2 get me car out me bro's garage. decided ducatis don't make for economical winter commuting. gonna get out for a proper ride at sum point tho!!

DesmoDog
28-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll try to wake up the rest of the Manky lot and then we could maybe sort out a "Sunday Meat Up" as Stevie calls it!

Seems like one or two people are still fiddleing with their bikes (me included :( ) so we could do something at the beginning of March if that suits everyone?

How does that sound peeps?

Its March tomorrow! Its bloody snowing here though! Trip down to Squires is on the agenda as soon as I put my bike back together and the weather starts behaving.

Horribly boring ride down there on the A19 though, trying to work out a route that might take a little longer but be fun. I was thinking a coastal route. Any suggestions?

Where about's in Northumberland you from Lost Again?

Lost Again
28-02-2005, 11:28 AM
grew up in Amble but moved up the road a couple years ago to the middle of nowhere just outside Warkworth. when i say i moved however I actually mean my parents moved, sad to say that when i'm not in hudds for uni I still live wi the old fogeys. I'm only 20 tho so don't take the p*ss too much!! I'll not complain too much though, when I'm up there i go to the end of the drive and i'm on some crackin back roads!

DesmoDog
28-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Nowt better than a blat aroun the back lanes of old Northumberland.

bod
27-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Spring is here then and days are getting better(except this easter weekend by the look of it)
So are all of our bikes suitably repaired/bodged/spangley bits added.
Whould be nice to meet a few fellow monsters on a ride out.
Please feel free to shout up with any ideas for places dates and times.
Squires,Willingham woods etc
Mark

pooh
27-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Let me know when your up for it Mark maybe next sunday at Willingham then out for a blat round the neighbourhood.

Ian

lox
28-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Me, Emily (she's 9) and Boppy have all ready been getting out on the bike. NER NER :p

pooh
28-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Rich I ride mine every day and have been doing an average of 150 mile on the last 4 sundays so were have you been.

Ian

lox
28-03-2005, 10:38 PM
About time mate !!! :eek: HayHay ;)

pooh
29-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Rich
Give me a shout when you fancy a buzz out! I feel the need for speed.

Ian

DesmoDog
29-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Mines in again and will hopefully be running after next weekend (also the only time I have some free time). I'm on for a squires meet assuming all is well.

lox
29-03-2005, 11:11 AM
When are you going to Squires :confused:

DesmoDog
29-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I don't know. I said I was up for it once the bikes running. Name a date.

Macca
29-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm good for a run - Just let me know when :burnout:

DesmoDog
29-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Macca righty ho! I'll let you know when the beast is rumbling again.

Lost Again
01-04-2005, 12:01 PM
anybody fancy a run this weekend? I'm up for a bimble to squires or anywhere else if theres anyone about?

dazzi-b
01-04-2005, 12:44 PM
anybody fancy a run this weekend? I'm up for a bimble to squires or anywhere else if theres anyone about?

I should be at Squires Sunday morning between 9-10ish if anybody fancies a meet up :) I'm on call this weekend so can't stray too far from home :(

Not sure if I'll have to go into work around lunchtime though :mad:

Massey
01-04-2005, 07:02 PM
I'll be at Squires around lunch on Sunday with a few mates if anyone is lost.

Cheers,
Massey.

bod
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Hmm could be a plan but out on the !*!*!*!* saturday night so don't think I will be sober till about lunchtime :)
If I dont go out I will post up.

netstar
08-04-2005, 06:56 PM
:) Hello again... after a long silence I have decided to get back in touch with myself and my Monster.... Am in Sheffield... have most weekends free and would like to know wot is going on in and around yorkshire..... So.... if any one is meetin up I wud like to know!!!!! Please.

lox
08-04-2005, 07:42 PM
I should be at Squires Sunday morning between 9-10ish if anybody fancies a meet up :) I'm on call this weekend so can't stray too far from home :(

Not sure if I'll have to go into work around lunchtime though :mad:
Hay Dazzi,
Your always on call mate :rolleyes:

Shauns4
08-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Squires Sunday morning could be good, subject to weather!

DesmoDog
09-04-2005, 08:04 AM
What time? I might take my first proper run to blast away the cobwebs. Bloody freezing here though.

Scotty
09-04-2005, 10:41 AM
you know id be tempted but i suspect i might be a little hung over tomorrow morning

bod
09-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Im with you Scotty :) but if for some reason I feel sober count me in, weather looks ok(not rain)
Mark

Massey
09-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Heading off from Holmfirth Sunday morning over Holme Moss for breakfast at the cafe next to the Glossop market square between 10:00 - 11:00 hrs. Then to Strines and Snake Pass to digest the full english stopping at The Strines Inn if its a nice day.

Can do the ride the other way round if people want to join? Let me know if anyone fancies playing out?

Cheers,
Massey. :burnout:

bod
09-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi Massey was just about to copy your link in the Yorkshire section but looks like you beat me to it...anybody fancy it.
West York's V 's South York's.
Mark

Scotty
09-04-2005, 11:45 PM
you know south yorkshire is the odds on favoruite but il have t see when i wake up

Massey
10-04-2005, 12:10 AM
No worries going to bed now but if people are out its 07730 781020 if they want to see Mr. Massey.

Take care peeps,
Massey.

bod
22-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Who's coming out to play play on Sundaay 29th then?

Meeting up with the Manks lot......looks like a run to Matlock Bath not far from us :)
Look on one of Tiigerlily threads on this one and add your name.

M600TED
22-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Im in grimsby so not a million miles from sherburn etc,would love to meet up with fellow monster owners so just shout if sommats going and ill do my best to attend :) Lee

Massey
22-05-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm planning on heading out on the 29th. I'll follow the thread this week to see what happening. Out for a few beers tonight to recruit one or two more possibly.

Cheers,
Massey.

M600TED
22-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Think we need a new thread with meeting place/times etc :) oh and a map would be nice for us non locals lol :lol:

Tigerlily
22-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi guys :)

I'll be posting a new thread On "What's on this week" with full details and links/ maps.

Look out for it tomorrow! :D

M600TED
22-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Look forward to it m8 as it will be daphnie`s first run out(bikes name) :rolleyes: sad i know but ive always gave them names :lol:

Tigerlily
22-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Hi Lee

Do you me to add you name to the list?

M600TED
22-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Can do m8,only had a spill 3 weeks ago(broken hip)but should be fit for this one :cool:

bod
22-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Mmm sounds nasty how did it happen?

Tigerlily
22-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Can do m8,only had a spill 3 weeks ago(broken hip)but should be fit for this one :cool:

I'll put you on the list then - don't force yourself though if your hip's not up to it!

steviej
22-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Yo Lee, nice to have you 'ON BOARD'. But as Miss Tiger says 'not if your up to it'..................

................they'll be plenty more where these came from... :eek:

Tigerlily
24-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Does that mean you're organising the next one? ;)

M600TED
24-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Mmm sounds nasty how did it happen?
50-60mph crash straight in my mate who has them stupid small indicators on(did have) turned straight into my path,i went down then my bike at the time GSXR750 fancied giving me a hug :( but if it hadnt have happened i wouldnt have a sext yellow duke so these things happen for a reason :)
Went out this afternoon on her for the first time since the accident it was a bit sore but wow,the noise its like angels singing in my ears and the torque :eek: :eek: wow made my old bike feel lame :)
roll on the meet(touch wood ill be ok) :cool:

steviej
24-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Does that mean you're organising the next one? ;)

Er.....................................NO. Your doin' a fine job ;)

Tigerlily
24-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Fingers crossed that you (and everyone else!) still think that after Sundays run! :lol: