PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Cheap save for leaky clutch slaves

Byron Kauffman
12-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Just installed the Eveluzione Cyclesports rebuild kit #90050 for my clutch slave. Made for 91-00 5 & 6 speed ducati external clutch slaves (the one with the modern "D" logo embossed. My slave had a fit a few weeks ago where it dropped fluid on a ride and then was OK again. I fgured the seal was starting to go and asked my local shop about a rebuild kit. This kit uses double seals arranged to help keep the piston straight in the bore and the extra seal also keeps the main seal from seeing any dirt. The original piston uses only one seal and will let the piston rock in the bore and road dirt works its way into the rubber.
I had the slave off, cleaned the new kit installed, back on the bike and blead in about 30 minutes. The kit was about $25. US so it sure beats buying a whole new slave if the bore on yours is not pitted. The instruction sheet shows the maker as eveluzione.net CA USA, but you might have a UK supplier available. If not let me know and I can get some shipped over for you.

Dave in USA
12-01-2005, 10:05 PM
If not let me know and I can get some shipped over for you.

Specially with the exchange rate the way it is at the mo, its about a tenner!! :eek:

Dave

Pedro
12-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Specially with the exchange rate the way it is at the mo, its about a tenner!! :eek:

Dave

They're about £12 plus VAT in the UK

Better to fit the later slave (and longer pushrod) from a 74X/99X model - better design.

Ped

Zimbo
12-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Well, about fifteen quid anyway. The original Brembo rebuild kit (new everything apart from the actual case) is £18 from a Duc dealer. Wonder if it's available over here?

spacemonkey
13-01-2005, 09:48 PM
They're about £12 plus VAT in the UK

Better to fit the later slave (and longer pushrod) from a 74X/99X model - better design.

Ped

So speaketh the Lamb, and so sayeth the flock...