PDA

View Full Version : London Calling

Runningman
10-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Us hardy commuter types should all be back up and running now after the festivities so i suggest we rendevous at Bar Italia on Thursday 20th January at 6.00PM to discuss how wonderful life is while we're in the world.

I shall be there...

Ps Walk-ins are welcome too.

slob
10-01-2005, 05:49 PM
will try and show

Runningman
10-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Thank you Slob...where are the other committee members?

slob
10-01-2005, 05:56 PM
where are the other committee members?
taking a vote on whether to reply or not LOL

Richard_S
10-01-2005, 07:05 PM
at the risk of being a girl I will probably save myself for the regular ace stuff. a somewhat friendlier route and given that by 4 its dark,cold & **** I need all the help I can get. Should be OK for Italian night....was there not talk of somewhere a little easier on the wallet with some parking for our regular put the world to rights debates?

joness7
11-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Guys

Unless the weather is really pants, I'd be up for it. Probably commute to work on me monnie about half the week.

Steve J

madhatter
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Us hardy commuter types should all be back up and running now after the festivities so i suggest we rendevous at Bar Italia on Thursday 20th January at 6.00PM to discuss how wonderful life is while we're in the world.....

The weather forecast for Italian Night at the Ace is around -3 to -4 degrees (a bit chilly) and interest from the forum so far (except a few) has been almost non-existent....

....PeteS4 has shown an interest in this venue, and I'm quite interested in it also.....so, if we were mental enough to ride down together on Thursday 20th, from the Wintery wilds of Beds and Bucks.....what's all this nasty talk about not being able to park your bike up ouside....and where's the alternative parking?

STEVE.

rjc
11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Count me in.

Richard_S
11-01-2005, 12:02 PM
steve, think we have our wires crossed.

parking is an issue at bar italia not the ace. i do like to live on the edge a little bit and it could be a strength in numbers type thing so im not saying its a no no. Its just not ideally located for groups of 2+. round the corner from picadilly circus with yellow lines up the ass!

slob
11-01-2005, 12:10 PM
there are solo m/c spaces at the top of the street(in soho sq)which should be starting to empty by 6pm

queen_gpants
11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm not insured to park in London unless its secure parking so I have to keep it in my sight at all times.

You can park on Frith Street (and yes it is dbl yellows) but the traffic wardens tend to leave the bikes alone especially if there's a few, I always cover my number plate up not sure if that's effective anymore though! :p

madhatter
11-01-2005, 01:00 PM
there are solo m/c spaces at the top of the street(in soho sq)which should be starting to empty by 6pm

That sounds reasonable Rob.. ;) ....just need to remember to bring a good lock with me... :rolleyes: ...I'll see if PeteS4 is up for it, as he is well experienced with the roads of London, where as I'm just a country-boy with my knowledge of London limited to what I saw on Eastenders once on TV, when switching channels. :confused:

You up for this Pete?

Queenie, what's this about covering your numberplate up? Are they not allowed to uncover it to give you a ticket or something? Haven't heard of this one before.. :confused:

Runningman
11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Parking problems? Busy roads? Weather reports? Boys and girls please; we're a bad ass motorcycle group, not the WI.

Lets riiiiiiiide!

madhatter
11-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Parking problems? Busy roads? Weather reports? Boys and girls please; we're a bad ass motorcycle group, not the WI.Lets riiiiiiiide!

Oh what the hell!!!!

Now where's my tassled leather jacket with the chrome studs.... :D

slob
11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
we're a bad ass motorcycle group, not the WI.
So you won't be wanting my sponge cake recipe then?

madhatter
11-01-2005, 01:12 PM
So you won't be wanting my sponge cake recipe then?

Lemon or jam?

slob
11-01-2005, 01:15 PM
BOTH! you had to ask?

Runningman
11-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Ha ha, very droll. On a serious note, if you do have the lemon recipe...

The Kevlar Kid
11-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Grumble Diploma grumble grumble Assignment grumble whinge No Forks moan grumble whinge blast........

See you all March sometime, unless I can talk Mrs K into letting me get a winter hack - fat chance (bathroom needs tileing first - isn't home ownersip fun).

Where's that bottle of scotch gone.....

queen_gpants
11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Queenie, what's this about covering your numberplate up? Are they not allowed to uncover it to give you a ticket or something? Haven't heard of this one before.. :confused:

Well a couple of years ago whenever we parked outside Bar Italia everyone would cover up their plates with something or remove them altogether; apparently Westminster traffic wardens weren't allowed to remove them in case they did damage to the bike and then got sued!

But Westminster traffic wardens are a bunch of bastards these days; I went to the West End a while back with my friend and she parked in a disabled parking space and put her disabled badge on the dash board as required. When we came back they had given her an £80 ticket because it was upside down!!!!! You could read it quite clearly but they said it wasn't displayed properly...bastards! :mad:

queen_gpants
11-01-2005, 04:21 PM

Well a couple of years ago whenever we parked outside Bar Italia everyone would cover up their plates with something or remove them altogether; apparently Westminster traffic wardens weren't allowed to remove them in case they did damage to the bike and then got sued!

But Westminster traffic wardens are a bunch of b*stards these days; I went to the West End a while back with my friend and she parked in a disabled parking space and put her disabled badge on the dash board as required. When we came back they had given her an £80 ticket because it was upside down!!!!! You could read it quite clearly but they said it wasn't displayed properly...b*stards! :mad:

queen_gpants
11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
:eek: sorry didnt mean to post that twice, gremlins in the works!

benson
11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Italian night at the ace or wistful musing at Bar Italia - either way I'm working in Cambridge :( so wherever you all end up have fun and mind out for the crappy ice that's forecast :eek:

The monster is being re-sprayed at the mo so even if I was able to turn up it would be on something less than Italian...
:cool:

Richard_S
11-01-2005, 06:49 PM
could be worse, i kinda like Cambridge. Fond memories of silver back gorillas, a fantastic kiwi burger and a touch of university exploration.

benson
11-01-2005, 10:47 PM
:lol: Now Richard - here's some good advice, especially with those silver backs hanging around -
stay out of the balck and in the red -
you get nothing in this game for two in a bed!

Hell - must be playing it wrong then!!! :cool:

Richard_S
12-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Wow, that caught me with my pants down.

A man with something different and obscure to say.

I salute a fellow lunatic: :eek:

rjc
12-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Is anyone thinking of going up to the Ace for Italian Night after Bar Italia?

slob
12-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Rich, Italian night is tomorrow(13th) surely ? I'll see you up there if you're going.

rjc
13-01-2005, 12:19 AM
oh getting my thursdays mixed up! oops

Runningman
13-01-2005, 08:01 AM
See you both at the Ace tonight then.

craigie
13-01-2005, 08:44 PM
would love to come to bar italia but unfortunately, and also very fortunately, will be doing some right exciting market research....easy & much needed moolah.

if its happenin' the week after I'll be there.

cheers

Craig

Runningman
14-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi Craig, thanks for the interest.
We are going to try and meet more often around town, don't know about weekly, but we'll see you sooner or later.

Martin