PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 9th Jan - Sussex meet

SazzaG
08-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey Sussexites,

To celebrate our new aquisition, and Roger's inaugural meet with UKMOC on a Monster, we're having a little spin around the area.

Meet 11.00 at Bury Hill. Aim to leave about 11.30 for a run up to Box Hill, arriving between 12 and 1pm.

Probably go for a pub lunch afterwards (why not!).

I'll post tomorrow morning (before 10.00) if the weather looks a bit dodgy.

Hope to see a few there!

Saz

JMo
08-01-2005, 09:15 PM
We'll be there (Piglet and I) of course ... and the man with the mirrors said he's coming too - yea! - spend more money!

How cool does your bike look?

And how well does it run with those pipes? x

xxx

Nigel C
08-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Any room at the inn for a DSC refugee :D

JMo
08-01-2005, 09:31 PM
You know there is Nige - see you there...

(Here, Sazza's bike might be faster than yours now x)

xxx

Rogerg
09-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Weather looks ok, so I'll be on he new S4 & Sazza will be on the now sorry looking and sounding dixxie.

we'll be at bury hill around 11:00

anyone any ideas on a name for the new beast yet?

robht
09-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Welcome Roger, looking forward to seeing the new beast this morning.

Would 'Daisy' (as in Daisy Duke) be too effeminate for an S4? Probably.

See you later,

Rogerg
09-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Welcome Roger, looking forward to seeing the new beast this morning.

Would 'Daisy' (as in Daisy Duke) be too effeminate for an S4? Probably.

See you later,

***king right far too girly - you'll see what I mean when you hear it!!

Rogerg
09-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Not a bad turnout for the 2nd weekend in January!

Popped out for a spin on Dixxie before the meeting to check everything was OK, and found Robht in Pulborough. Took him back to my house, just before JMo arrived, so we had a good posse arriving at Bury Hill.

Much to our surprise, Dark Jon then turned up (long way on a cold day!). Doobie and his daughter soon followed, although they didn't know about the meet. A quick chat with GadgetMax, Psyclist and Melnie Mouse and we were on our way, leaving Doobie at Horsham.

At Box Hill we found Muttley, NigelC, Martin S4 and Carol (soon on the Monster, eh!), and a guy called Tony (who had a toy chicken on his M600) who should be joining the forum soon.

So myself, Rogerg, Robht, JMo, Dark-Jon and Muttley went for some lunch at Kingsfold, although Muttley didn't like the impending rain clouds, so left us without eating (bad decision mate!).

After lunch I finally got to ride my new S4, and enjoyed a good scoot home, but hit the rain for about 3 minutes. Almost perfect timing!

Good to see everyone. I'm slowly getting used to the new bike, although I don't think I'll be reaching the speeds that Roger did (ahem).

Saz

SazzaG
09-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Damn, logged in as the wrong person!

Anyway, that last post was from me.

Saz

JMo
09-01-2005, 05:13 PM
... they will come.

Good to see the Sussex Impromptu's are turning out such numbers so early in the year, if only to welcome Rog, and to witness the S4's inaugural outing...

Wasn't desperately cold, and thankfully the rain stayed away until the very end of the day - it just started to drizzle as I got home... so out with the polishing rags, again...

Good to see some old faces - Doobie and epecially Dark-Jon who came all the way down from London, and NigelC who we finally caught up with at Boxhill (sorry if you thought we'd left Bury without you, but we got there late and were gassing until gone midday x).

Hope this weather holds, and we get a few more sunnies before the inevitable rain and snow of February... it's almost pleasent out there at the moment x

See you all again soon,

xxx

james t
09-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Sorry I did'nt make it today but will see you all soon.

Regards James t.

Looking forward to seeing the new bike Saz & Rog.

Nigel C
09-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Boxhill (http://img.photobox.co.uk/037455793f9a5e19961a72fe5b13054a5c47a9d528c423b559 0a9315.jpg)

Jen shivering !!!! (http://img.photobox.co.uk/66631814ef12a90a26944c49b0010930ca12cc9b1b7374bb02 325bfd.jpg)

SazzaG
09-01-2005, 07:24 PM
it just started to drizzle as I got home...

No such luck for us!

It started to drizzle as we came into Coldwaltham, and by the time we got home (about a mile later) we were drenched!

Going down the Billingshurst bypass, Rog was apparently giving Dixxie everything, and I was keeping up without even trying! We both slowed down pretty sharpish when a rather strong cross-wind hit us though. The power of the bike still amazes me.

Now I've got used the the diving front end, I've found that the S4 can turn incredibly tightly. No more riding into bus stops for me!

Looking forward to the next spell of dry weather.

Saz

robht
10-01-2005, 08:37 AM
***king right far too girly - you'll see what I mean when you hear it!!

Agreed, more of a male bike - especially as I saw you disapearing in to the distance up the A29 towards Ockley at warp factor 9 sounding like a Lancaster bomber!

The bike looks great and seems louder than most - excellent. It was a good ride round and nice to see so many friendly faces out and about.

Rogerg
10-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Agreed, more of a male bike - especially as I saw you disapearing in to the distance up the A29 towards Ockley at warp factor 9 sounding like a Lancaster bomber!

The bike looks great and seems louder than most - excellent. It was a good ride round and nice to see so many friendly faces out and about.

yes indeed - must get me some ear plugs!!

Albie
10-01-2005, 05:30 PM
No such luck for us!

It started to drizzle as we came into Coldwaltham, and by the time we got home (about a mile later) we were drenched!

Going down the Billingshurst bypass, Rog was apparently giving Dixxie everything, and I was keeping up without even trying! We both slowed down pretty sharpish when a rather strong cross-wind hit us though. The power of the bike still amazes me.

Now I've got used the the diving front end, I've found that the S4 can turn incredibly tightly. No more riding into bus stops for me!

Looking forward to the next spell of dry weather.

Saz
I said they turn in quick didn't I :D :D :D :eek:

Rogerg
10-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I said they turn in quick didn't I :D :D :D :eek:

Yep Albie,

you've just got to be a little more brutish than with the 620

Albie
10-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Felt mine was a little nervous at first but now I feel comfortable. I feel more perched up and over the front more than the 900. Its bliss. Laid any darkeys yet then :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :eek:

Vman
10-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I saw this post about 12pm ish, By the time I got down there it was 2pm. :cool: I missed everyone.
So I sat there on me todd and drank me hot chocky, then saw Dibble and his friend, so it were`nt that bad.
Weather, well it is january, so cant expect too much, just glad to be out on the bike.

Maybe next time.