PDA

View Full Version : Chain adjustment S2R

Elmo
31-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Wilst polishing and fideling about with my bike i was wondering how do i adjust the chain tension.AK explianed how it works like cam but there must be a tool to turn it so whats it called and where do i get one from.I had to laugh the hand book tells me to take it to local dealer for chain to adjusted and that would be JPH coventry.Cost £1arm.1leg :D

Billy Bigwheels
31-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Loosen the bolts (which also probably hold the chain guard on) and rotate the main spindle. As the spindle is eccentric rotating it moves the wheel towards or away from the engine. All you need therefore is something to rotate the spindle - I guess it has holes in it or a flat on it or something like that??

NattyBoy
31-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Hmmm.havent needed to adjust mine yet, but I know the 916 had a c spanner which wrapped around the hub...assumed the S-R's (like that..?! copyright nattyboy!!! :lol: ) were the same..?

Nat

P.S Welcome back to the land of the living Carl..things settled down a bit now mate ??!

slob
31-12-2004, 11:04 AM
(from memory) on S4R (should be the same for S2R) loosen 2 x 14mm pinch-bolt on back of swingarm. Rotate eccentric adjuster to correctly tension chain, using C-spanner. Tighten pinchbolts.
DO NOT be tempted to use a screwdriver and tap it round, this WILL f#ck-up your bike!
You should be able to get a suitable C-spanner from a good tool supplier
eg Facom, Britool, Snap-on(arm/leg req.) etc.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=5847&group_ID=602&store=uk&dir=catalog

Nigel C
31-12-2004, 06:08 PM
the c spanner should be in the toolkit if you got one with the bike

Elmo
31-12-2004, 06:44 PM
the c spanner should be in the toolkit if you got one with the bike

No Cspanner in tool kit just the double headed srew driver and plug spanner :(

Found these http://www.drapertools.com/draper/Templates/draper/MainScreen.asp

Billy Bigwheels
31-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Quick thread hi-jack................ things have settled slightly and i've managed to do a lot of riding. Making the most of it as we have another sproglet due in April - a boy this time who will no doubt rival Connor for the GP!! ;)
Take care mate & who knows maybe we'll get out again sometime??

Pedro
01-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Quick thread hi-jack................ things have settled slightly and i've managed to do a lot of riding. Making the most of it as we have another sproglet due in April - a boy this time who will no doubt rival Connor for the GP!! ;)
Take care mate & who knows maybe we'll get out again sometime??

Congrats Billy!

More sleepless nights eh?

Ped

Billy Bigwheels
01-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Cheers Ped

Yea can't wait - another 4 months of colic is just what iv'e been missing ;)

DesmoDom
01-01-2005, 11:29 AM
There's a brand new 748/9-6 toolkit on ebay with a C spanner, which should fit, from Lee at Ducatsparesonline, for £19.95.

Baz