PDA

View Full Version : How many owners wear power ranger suits or just plain black

Albie
24-12-2004, 07:03 AM
There seems to be a joke about wearing bright colours on bikes. Personally I dont mind.Have Black as well as red/black /white leathers. Is anyone shocked about these suits and would never wear nothing but black. :D :eek:

Julie
24-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Yes they shock me, I would only wear black.

slob
24-12-2004, 07:19 AM
I'm only wearing black 'til I can find something darker.

Albie
24-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Yes they shock me, I would only wear black.
Yes but loooooook at the colour of your KTM. You cant wear that colour.You'd be arrested :eek: :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Julie
24-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Yes but loooooook at the colour of your KTM. You cant wear that colour.You'd be arrested :eek: :D :D :D :rolleyes:

True albie very true....but i'm gay so i can get away with it xxx ;)

Sarah
24-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Coloured - easier to be seen on or off the bike.

Ever tried to find a biker in a ditch/field in the dark when they are wearing all black? :(

Melnie Mouse
24-12-2004, 08:46 AM
well you probably know Albie about my power ranger suit, I only wear that in summer cos then everybody else does and I can blend in with them, I haven't guts to wear it this time of year, so my black suit stays on most of the year especially when the roads are ****ty to work and back and in ice and mud etc etc...

My bike is filthy now, must give it a good wash over xmas break...

But I think everybody should wear what they want to wear, and brighter is to be seen at end of day isn't it?

The Kevlar Kid
24-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Quite like the look of coloured but simply cant bring myself to do it.

Too many jokes about looking like a tube of toothpaste or a power ranger.

Apart from that, coloured maybe safer but when you're riding all the time black is definately more practical (oh no I've got my sensible head on again - someone shoot me now please)

MilesB
24-12-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't even have a full set of 'leathers', as all 3 of my biking jackets are fabric.

The two 'heavyweight' jackets (for bad/cold weather) are red and black - which matched my first two motorbikes (I actually got the Triumph jacket before I got the matching bike :o )
Summer jacket is black, grey and white.

For practical reasons, all my jeans/overtrousers, and boots are black.

Summer lid is black, winter lid is red.

This means I have higher visibility when the weather is poorer (top half red), and look cool in black with a few white highlights in the summer :cool: .

NattyBoy
24-12-2004, 10:50 AM
I can sit on the fence here..coz I wear armoured goretex trousers and a leather jacket on my monnie, and a power ranger suit on my 888. Only bought the black gear coz I felt a bit of a knob wearing a £700 race suit on my old 50hp 600 monnie !! :lol:

Nat

P.S - Dont worry Albie - your new Dainese outfit is pukka mate ;)

DesmoDog
24-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Black jacket with cool retro looking go faster stripes on the arms. Black helmet, black boots - all Dainese. I don't wear leathers.

It's up to you what you wear, and one day I'm sure i'll rue not waering a power ranger fget up while sliding along the tarmac, but I just can't get myself motivated enough to spend half an hour shoehorning myself into a suit for a half hour pootle or ride to the ice cream shop - its bad enough with the jacket in the summer and I wish I was back in the day in Spain where there was no need for a helmet.

A Yerbury
24-12-2004, 11:15 AM
I wear a cloak and a cheeky grin.

Mand
24-12-2004, 02:02 PM
True albie very true....but i'm gay so i can get away with it xxx ;)

Julie - are you gay? Ohmigod......... :eek: :eek:

I wear black, usually but have a grey and black gortex jacket as well.

Yellow helmet though.

Legohead Mand :burnout:

Albie
24-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Julie if your gay then I must be cos I like lesbians too. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :rolleyes: :bunny:

ps just been out to bring my new bike back from the menders. What a xmas present. Power ranger got a few looks from peeps.I just had to go through town and be noticed didn't I. Tart or what :D

Macca
24-12-2004, 03:50 PM
My latest jacket is a Dainese US70 - Black leather with a cream band and a red stripe on the sleeves - Very Retro.

Much more colour than that and I feel like a big tart.

Normally wear black Draggin Jeans cargo pants but since I did a spot of road surfing I need some new ones (the kevlar didn't wear through though :) )

Macca

berto
24-12-2004, 05:54 PM
:o Feckin hell Alb it was only a joke!!!!! :o

Nigel C
24-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Noooo!!!! (http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/images-site/custom/m-t-m%20custom.jpg)

Hmmm not too sure about these :D

A Yerbury
24-12-2004, 08:49 PM
seperated at birth?

Kev Bunney
24-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Coloured leathers look "gay" black only for me, anyway who want`s to be labeled a Power ranger that would get "boring" :bunny:

gary tompkins
24-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Noooo!!!! (http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/images-site/custom/m-t-m%20custom.jpg)

Hmmm not too sure about these :D

I think we can safely say we now know who ate all the pies :p

DesmoDude
24-12-2004, 10:17 PM
I have enough people lookin at me kinda funny just because of the way my bike sounds never mind a loud set of leathers. :D

bod
25-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Black is the new black,probably not the safest colour but looks cool..maybe I should get a dark to match....and go to bed now :lol:

NBs
25-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Albie - thought of getting a power ranger bike to go with the gear :p :twisted:

Me & my mates here thought you might want one now :confused: :rolleyes:

:)

Albie
25-12-2004, 11:20 PM
I have the bike to go with the gear. Just got to learn to ride it properly to get the best out of it. :rolleyes: :eek: :D :D ;)

Albie
25-12-2004, 11:22 PM
:o Feckin hell Alb it was only a joke!!!!! :o
I know its a joke mate its ok. Must admit I wanted More black leathers but none available in sale or my size for less than 400.Bit loud at mo tho.

singletrack
26-12-2004, 02:53 PM
My leathers are Dainese - black, with a subtle red and cream stripe. They go very well with my red 620, but not with my grey helmet. Now I will have to get a red helmet to match.

A Yerbury
26-12-2004, 06:55 PM
well what on earth possesed you to buy a grey anything?!

berto
28-12-2004, 05:05 PM
:cool: Eh, whit's that aboot pots and kettles??? My Christmas pressies to myself!!! :D BY THE SWORD OF DOBBER!!!

Albie
28-12-2004, 08:04 PM
All very nice stuff buerto.Nice lid.
You'll be pleased to know that my new leathers got an absolute pasting of ****e and road grime over the last 2 days oh and salt by the bucket load alas so did my s4. Ask ck she saw them when i got to hers :eek: Looking now slightly used. :D :D

Scotty
28-12-2004, 11:35 PM
thought you got discs for christmass

Mr Cake
29-12-2004, 12:32 PM
http://board.hondacrx.co.uk/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album420/Img00016.sized.jpg

Dave

berto
29-12-2004, 01:52 PM
;) I did Scotty....But I NEEDED these too ...right!!!

A Yerbury
29-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Your colour co ordination is all off bertie, and please explain the southern woofter style faux industrial fridge freezer and extraction fan decor??!! hard talkin bloody faker! go wipe down your brushed metal surfaces bertie llwyelan bowan! Ive got a useless phillipe starck lemon juicer with your name on it ponce!!

berto
29-12-2004, 03:00 PM
:D Ha-ha braindead that's my wee brothers place and you have hurt his feelings and at this time of year...shame on you!! Here!! :cool: and don't think it's minimalist I don't have anything left since my wife did me over....c unt! :mad:

A Yerbury
30-12-2004, 12:49 AM
we grew up in a hole in the ground, we dreamt of lamminate floor, glass coffee tables and cream sofas etc etc etc

Billy Bigwheels
30-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Looks like a pretty tasty audiophile setup there Berto - guess you hate ipod's too?

berto
30-12-2004, 11:34 AM
:rolleyes: You know how it is Bill,I don't just waste money on my bike ye know!!!!

Vman
30-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Cool looking, I Got a full set of leathers (Red and Black) not that leary.I wouldnt wear anything less on a Track.

Yellow Ducati Corse jacket (the bollox) and black Dainese leather trousers, red/chrome boots (cool :cool: ) Soumy ben bostrom lid is the fav (flames/stars and stripes) Craft (matt black with a chrome visor) looks good, but too noisy.
I dont really give a toss what it is, so long as it looks good...

:bunny:

nik_the_brief
30-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Minimalist is perfect Berto, you've plenty of room to put the bike in the middle of the room if ya just get rid of that coffee table! :D

DesmoDog
30-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Macca, good choice of jacket - thats mine, I thought they stopped making em. What are draggin jeans?

marchesini
30-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Yellow Ducati Corse jacket (the bollox) and black Dainese leather trousers, red/chrome boots (cool :cool: )

Snap, Yellow Ducati Corse jacket with Dainese trousers - S4R and riding in London. ;) The yellow though, is looking pretty grubby these days so to match the new bike, I bought a set of replica Ducati Marlboro leathers (complete with all sponsor patches etc) - about as far away from black as you can get. :D - then again, I never have been attracted to 'normal' stuff.

Went into a store and found these really loud trousers so I asked the shop assistant:
"Are these f*cked up or are these really f*cked up?"
"Really f*cked up." came the reply.
"Great, I'll take them then."

Have to admit though, when I first started riding, all my riding gear was black so as to blend in as much as possible just in case I fell off. As my biking confidence has grown, my taste in biking gear has progressively got louder - besides it all helps me overcome my low self esteem baggage stemming from my childhood (who so my shrink tells me).

Best regards all

simon

A Yerbury
31-12-2004, 02:51 AM
shame he only listens to runrig, rush and D*********s

DesmoDog
31-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Daschunds?

The Kevlar Kid
31-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Mmmmm, Black with flesh tones looks good to me...

brewhaha
31-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Minimalist is perfect Berto, you've plenty of room to put the bike in the middle of the room if ya just get rid of that coffee table! :D

Something like this.......

Richard_S
31-12-2004, 01:27 PM
I didn’t have you pegged for that buy it in a box, Ikea dreary homologated charade young betty.

If you want a true insight into bachelor heaven then I will post some pics.

Leopards, leather and breasts surrounded by boombastic drums beats and bittersweet lyrics. Red lights, the occasional chicken leg and enough testosterone to bring back James dean. I even have a plant :p

DesmoDude
31-12-2004, 01:42 PM
:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/wayne-o/DSC00542.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/wayne-o/DSC00541.jpg

Wayne-o

Richard_S
31-12-2004, 01:46 PM
a man with one of those certainly needs one of these too...

DesmoDude
31-12-2004, 01:49 PM
a man with one of those certainly needs one of these too...

I guess us yankees can be a bit loud sometimes :burnout:

A Yerbury
31-12-2004, 04:01 PM
whoa there DD, my monitor can only handle so many of your personal items at one time!!

berto
31-12-2004, 07:27 PM
:D Here Brewster are you mot'd yet ya mad outlaw????

A Yerbury
31-12-2004, 08:32 PM
I was, photoshop and high res scanning did a fine job but the bastid inks ran when the bike got washed -ho hum- not needed tho as bike is trailered to france next weekend.
special brewster.

berto
01-01-2005, 12:16 PM
:( Not even ikea but even cheaper ikea copy I'm afraid....feckin lawyers!!! :mad: