PDA

View Full Version : S4R oil cooler guard

palooka
21-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Hi folks,
My first post in the forum so I'd like say a big hello to all.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations when it comes to oil cooler guards for an S4R. I'd prefer something fairly low key as I quite like the look of the coolers but I've noticed that they cop a fair bit of damage from road crud. Ideally I'd like to get matching radiator and oil cooler guards but have yet to come across anyone who makes both.
Does anyone know if the Hailwood Evolution has the same radiator as the S4R, as that could broaden my search.

Merry Xmas from Brisbane, Oz

Palooka

NattyBoy
22-12-2004, 01:05 AM
I think spareshack (see Links/Sponsor above) were sourcing some from a supllier, but havent heard anything..let me know if you find one as Ill have one too..!

Cheers
Nat

spm23
31-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I brought a Rizoma one but it didn't fit the S4R well. The mounting brackets were at least 10mm too wide on either side. I've just used some powder coated ali mesh and attached it with zip tyes. Is clean and tidy, saves the rad and is cheap.

NattyBoy
31-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Looks good Shaun....was the mesh already powder coated..where did you get it from mate >>?

Its the oil cooler that worries me most !

Nat

spm23
31-12-2004, 11:25 AM
It's just plain aluminium mesh that's been anodised (not powder coated) black. My mate got it from Two4Italia, a ducati agent down in Bournemouth region. He said you can get the mesh from RS and get it anodised yourself if you want. Stu has a company he uses for anodising. It's easy to work with, cuts with industrial sissors and so can be cut to any shape. He used thin black zip tyes over the top of the radiators and through the mesh, which you can hardly see.

Bike is slowly getting back together.

Scotty
31-12-2004, 12:53 PM
ummm hose kit
how much was that then ?
would that be the whole of the 916 hose kit then ? or is it a different one ?

spm23
31-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Definately not the kit for the 916/996. I originally had that one sent to me but the pipes were completely different. This is a kit specifically for the Monster S4/S4R. I think it was around £200.

Scotty
31-12-2004, 02:08 PM
bugger priceyer than i thought

DesmoDude
01-01-2005, 11:24 AM
It's just plain aluminium mesh that's been anodised (not powder coated) black. My mate got it from Two4Italia, a ducati agent down in Bournemouth region. He said you can get the mesh from RS and get it anodised yourself if you want. Stu has a company he uses for anodising. It's easy to work with, cuts with industrial sissors and so can be cut to any shape. He used thin black zip tyes over the top of the radiators and through the mesh, which you can hardly see.

Bike is slowly getting back together.

Where did you get the hose kit?

Wayne-o