PDA

View Full Version : bhp

Bear
19-12-2004, 09:57 PM
daft question but im a daft lad could someone plz tell me the performance stats for my m750 as standard and what difference does a pair of remus carbon cans make and what shall i do next to it?

Scotty
19-12-2004, 10:10 PM
45 kW - 62 HP @ 7500 rpm
Torque 62 Nm - 6.3 Kgm @ 6500 rpm

which in the pub talk compertision looses every time
there is nothing you can do to make massive bhp figures
even the turbo 900 monster 'only' made 112 or sumit

but race cans are loverly most 'mods' you al make will be cosmetic thats what id bet

Zimbo
20-12-2004, 07:50 AM
A comparison:

http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/graphs/g10.gif

Green line = standard trim.
Blue line = race cans fitted.
Red line = race cans, dynojet kit, performance air filter and open airbox, plus dialed cam timing, which I wouldn't bother with unless you want to spend a lot of cash for a moderate gain!

So:
Get some open cans on it, open the airbox lid, replace the standard air filter with a performance one (K&N or similar) and fit a dynojet kit. Then replace the fork springs with race tech ones, and you're well away!!! :p

Zimbo
20-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Oh, and change the front sprocket to a 14 tooth!

As for Remus cans, they're good quality and should look and sound great. remus make the DP cans for Ducati, so yours should be equivelent to a pair of DP carbons. Another thing I like about Remus, rather than stamping "not for road use" into the can, the etch it just underneath the exhaust exit port. It polishes out rather easily ;)
I've got a pair of Remus oval alloy cans on my bike, I've been really pleased with them, lovely tone, loud but not offensive, very free flowing.