PDA

View Full Version : Centre stand

griffo
16-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Anyone got info on fitting a centre stand to a M750 (i've no instructions with it) or pictures to show where the bolts go (footrest and exhaust hanger holes?) also there doesnt seem enough room between footrest hanger and frame for the width of the bracket.
Any help much appreciated,
cheers Griffo

spacemonkey
18-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Damn! If you'd have asked a week ago I could have popped around and shown you as I was riding around Portland again! You should have two bolt holes on the stand frame that the bolts that hold the lower footrest assembly go through. The rest of the footrest assembly bolts should then have spacers fitted so that all the footrest assembly is even again and all the same distance from the engine. When I attempted to fit mine, it was pretty straight forward, but it kept rubbing on the tyre for some reason that I couldn't figure. I'd followed the destructions and looked at some ST2's at the shop (same lump and stand etc) so I knew I had fitted it right. Had to come off as there was also a gap between the stand and it's lugs on either side that shouldn't be there. I suspect that I had the wrong stand, even though I was assured otherwise. Oddly enough mine came off a 750, but should have been fine on mine!

Do let me know how you get on. Get any probs and pm me your number. I might not be able to offer much help, but i can always laugh down the line at your misfortunes!!! :)

S4R Dude
23-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Portland scares me........did you know there are people there that have never left ?..........

spacemonkey
23-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Yup, and there's some who never can....