PDA

View Full Version : Dixo Carbon on ebay!!!!

Paranoid Dave
14-12-2004, 09:29 PM
I was looking at getting a front femder, listed as £55, great, bargain, shipping and postage and insurance on top of having the parcel tape sealed with a kiss by virgins amounts to £25. :eek:

£25 to send a bit of CARBON out to the UK. Supposedly from a company based in the UK. I know some people boost up postage to a tenner and it only cost six quid or something, I can live with that sometimes but 25 feckin quid to post soddin carbon! It was only £15 last time I looked at their stuff as well and I was OK with that based on the amount of the item in question, but this is just stupid. :mad:

Has anyone else had any dealings with or experience with Dixo carbon, are they any good or just a bunch of rip off money grabbing bastards?

Scotty
14-12-2004, 09:45 PM
its just a **** marketing trick
think oooh thats cheap but oh no it aint
they can f#*k right off for me
haveing bought nil carbon fibre it seems that main dealer bough is as good as anyone else for price

Albie
14-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Dave you have pm mate

SazzaG
14-12-2004, 10:08 PM
I don't think they're really in the UK, 'cos if you look at the german listings they've got, they say they're based in Germany.

I nearly bought some side panels from them until I saw the shippping costs...

Saz

A Yerbury
14-12-2004, 10:51 PM
i worked in despatch this summer and that is a joke email them to complain, city link were about a fiver and a front carbon fender would probably weigh less than a kg, Id guess 750 grams, for that we d use royal mail.

NattyBoy
14-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Dave..I hate to be the bearer of bad news mate..but going on other peoples experiences, it would appear that this lot are a right shower...have you seen there negative feedback results on ebay ?? A bit scary.....see here;

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=14207
http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=14205

Dont know if its too late, but Ive got hold of some brand new DP front guards (I know youve been looking but only just sourced these!)..

If I can help PM me and ill let you have one for a ridiculously low price.. ;) ;) :D

Oh..and I hate to admit..but yerbs is right :lol: Postage shoudl be about a fiverish...for £25 Id want to be getting delivered by hand... by Natalie Imbruglia..in her birthday suit.. :D Think as Yerbs said..this may be your getout..

Best of luck either way Dave..

Nat

SazzaG
14-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Valuable lesson about Ebay - positive feedback can be bought!

If you want a laugh on ebay, read the feedback this guy leaves.

mr bollox (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberid=mr_bo11ox&items=-1&item=-1&de=off)

berto
16-12-2004, 07:53 PM
:cool: I thought they were yankeedoodledandies....just goes to show...haarummph! :mad:

A Yerbury
16-12-2004, 08:59 PM
they are in germany and use insurance on all items, although they quote 15 quid for a pair of panels which probably weighs about the same.

SazzaG
16-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Funnily enough, they're on the US ebay as well, saying they're a US company, and charging $14.95 for shipping. ie. much cheaper than europe! They seem to have a much wider product range there, so I'm beginning to think that they really are american.

Also, they say they won't ship internationally. That's because they want you to buy through the local ebay, and pay ridiculous prices!

Saz

gary tompkins
16-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Valuable lesson about Ebay - positive feedback can be bought!

If you want a laugh on ebay, read the feedback this guy leaves.

mr bollox (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberid=mr_bo11ox&items=-1&item=-1&de=off)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that had me pissing meself - Very good :D

DesmoDom
16-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Berto, It looks like you could be right. Look on their store site on ebay and most of their shipping info is to do with America and I think the Member since Oct 31-03 in United States and item located in Fullerton CA United States, might be a bit of a give away :D :D :D

Baz

A Yerbury
16-12-2004, 09:22 PM
they wont combine shipping costs on multiple orders so two fenders -50 quid, although being american thats vat and import tax included presumably. still very c***y tho.

Richard_S
16-12-2004, 09:30 PM
dont deal with dildos. nuff said.

stef
17-12-2004, 06:57 AM
on that issue, i saw a couple of disney DVD's on the bay yesterday. £0.06 as a buy it now. P&P was £40.95.. cunning way to keep the fees down ???

DesmoDog
17-12-2004, 11:22 AM
I've been looking at these for a while now because I needed a couple of new side panels and i thought well carbon, why not. Then i noticed them all over the shop and the side panels just don't look right. You pays your money you take your chances, arn't these the same people who now include a negative feedback threat on their pages? Says it all.

A Yerbury
17-12-2004, 11:28 AM
get some from stu just dont forget your discount!

Rockhopper
18-12-2004, 07:16 AM
Thats exacly what ist for, to keep the Ebay fees down. Its not a con becasue dont you know what the postage fees are gong to be before you buy the goods?