PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear problem with S4

Albie
13-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh crikey. Picked up my lovely s4 this morning and rode around showing all my folks and friends. Perfect in every way.

Then went home to put it away and parked it outback of gates. Turned it off and the starter motor starts. Tried ignigtion cut out stil the same. Took 30 amp fuse out still the same. Took off battery terminal to shutdown. It is warrenteed but is there something simple i'm missing here. Obviously a starter short but where could it be. Help if you can rather then trip back to dealer if unnecessary :(

sidtheparrot
13-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh crikey. Picked up my lovely s4 this morning and rode around showing all my folks and friends. Perfect in every way.

Then went home to put it away and parked it outback of gates. Turned it off and the starter motor starts. Tried ignigtion cut out stil the same. Took 30 amp fuse out still the same. Took off battery terminal to shutdown. It is warrenteed but is there something simple i'm missing here. Obviously a starter short but where could it be. Help if you can rather then trip back to dealer if unnecessary :(

I think that this has happened to a few people on here Albie, I hope you get it sorted soon.
For the time being take a look here m8, I hope this helps Starter Motor (http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=9162&highlight=starter+motor)

Good Luck

Chris

bod
13-12-2004, 08:21 PM
YUP happened to me on my 2 week old 620ie.
Being a sparky by trade I quickly diagnosed it as the starter soleniod.Phoned my delaer and they posted me one.
Not a common problem I was told,but they had one on the shelf :rolleyes:
Sounds a bit rough but tap it with something that won't mark it...end of a hammer shaft then get a new one!

Albie
13-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Oh. Thought as much. What a pain in the ar**.

gary tompkins
14-12-2004, 06:17 PM
99.9% certain it's the solenoid Albie, as I've seen it happen on at least one S4 at an UKMOC meet, and heard of many others on the grapevine. Not an expensive part to replace, but Laguna's should pick up the tab anyway - assuming you got some kind of warrentee?

Albie
14-12-2004, 06:23 PM
No problem at all . They picked her up tonite and very sorry. All warranted. Hope to get back day or so for weekend. Not worried just one of those things. Starter solenoid is likely. :) :burnout: :o

gary tompkins
14-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Good news - bike looks nice in the photos, especially like the colour matched alien fairing. Deffo needs to loose the standard pipes though :twisted:

Albie
15-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Good news - bike looks nice in the photos, especially like the colour matched alien fairing. Deffo needs to loose the standard pipes though :twisted:
Thanks Gt. Those pipes will be sorted asap. :D :D

Albie
17-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Just an update with the s4. She is still in hospital awaiting starter solenoid relay and will be coming out hopefully Tuesday. She will be rested for a few days and then taken out for Xmas. Fantastic news for me. The 900 may get used on sunday if not raining.Hope so. :D

S4 MAD
18-12-2004, 10:16 PM
no i had the opposite problem at the weekender
it would not start down to same bit of electrics
thougth not happened since .
touch wood.