PDA

View Full Version : adjustable levers

stef
12-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Found those:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7940814099&fromMakeTrack=true

Has anyone tried them ?
i find the stock controls a bit far, and could do with some adjustement.

DesmoDom
12-12-2004, 12:44 PM
These do make a difference, although there are only 4 settings, one of these is bound to suit the reach of your fingers, makes clutch control easier in town too. Had them on all of my Ducati's and I wouldn't be without them. Don't know what the normal price is though, but I bet it's a lot more than £30.00.

Baz

DesmoDom
12-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Just noticed the price :o :o :o , aint got me glasses on, well thats my excuse :D :D :D

Baz

Scotty
12-12-2004, 01:53 PM
£40 each from a main dealer last i bought or sumit mental

A Yerbury
12-12-2004, 03:17 PM
baz are they the ones that stu sells? may get one in black for the clutch as I have girl hands.

DesmoDom
12-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Not sure mate, but if they are, they are well worth having As I have short wide hands, the adjustable levers work a treat. :D :D :D

BTW, I may need some advice on courting the GREEN FAIRY, as a friend of ours has just brought us a bottle of 72% from Prague complete with spoon.
Any advice will be welcome except your address to post it to :D :D :D

Baz

A Yerbury
12-12-2004, 03:41 PM
have a word with space for correct sugar ratio and drinking ethics! Im a single malt and cocktails at dawn kinda chap. where did your levers come from? do brembo make em? I did see some at Stus for about 30, when you say easier to use, do you mean they make they make the plunger less of a chore or just easier to find a comfortable setting/hand position. bear in mind i have an early 600 which doesnt have the slave above the sprocket cover...hmm I wonder if i could fit one?

DesmoDom
12-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Cheers Alex. What I meant was your hand doesn't start aching as quickly because you can set the lever in a position, where you're not constantly stretching your fingers. I don't know if it makes any difference with the pressure, as all of my Ducati's had dry clutches, which are heavy to start with. I don't think it would be very easy (if possible at all) to fit the same type of slave as the dry clutch Monsters, as I can't see how it would operate without some serious engineering, sorry I can't be of any real help.

Single Malt Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Now your'e talking :D :D :D
at least 12yrs old of course ;)

Baz

A Yerbury
12-12-2004, 05:00 PM
from memory its just the extra pot above the spr cover, I need to compare but there may be a milled thread there then its just hose and banjo stuff which is pretty straightforward, the clutch is dry but the lever uses the same basic hydraulic principals, Im no expert on hydraulics but would having an extra reservoir make a difference? if so Im sure I could attach one some where, I also have various lengths of hose knocking about (cheers sm!)
any way heres a seasonal glass of talisker raised in your direction.
Alex.

DesmoDom
12-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Shows how much I know don't it !!!, I thought all 600's & 750' had wet clutches (duh).
Having an extra reservoir won't make any difference, as its all down to how much fluid you can shove down yer tubes (ffnarr-ffnarr), so what you need is a bigger piston at the lever end or a larger slave cylinder, like you were talking about earlier.
Seeing I have finished my bottle of 15 yr old cask strength Glen Fid, which was 22 yrs old at the end (sniff) I shall raise a wee dram of Laphroag, which I must say I find a little too peaty for my taste, but needs must as they say.
"CHEERS" :burnout:

Baz

stef
12-12-2004, 05:40 PM
That thread shoud be called "which malt ?"
I'll go for a 16yr Lagavulin personally. Although the Jameson 1780 is really, really nice. (just started appearing in Sainsbury as well.. used to be only on import)
back to the levers, i think i'll take the plunge and order a pair.

A Yerbury
12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
indeed baz, a tad "iodine" but still good stuff, the waitrose own brand is actually very good for the price, I suspect its mcallan re badged. take the "plunge" nice pun stef. hydro wise the early ones only have a reservoir on the bars so in theory if I mount a pot somewhere down the line my tubes will be fuller? (mrs!)
AY.

stef
12-12-2004, 09:11 PM
not the first time i hear about rebadged mcallan...well worth investigating.
mind you, i am off to the motherland in less than 2 weeks, where i should be stacking up on my everyday favourite, the glen grant (nothing to do with glen fid, that's William Grant.). it's a very decent single, at a very decent price over the channel. £7.90 the cheapest i found (for 70cl)

Phoenix
12-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Let me know if they fit please Stef - I need to order another as one got broke by someone getting bike out the shed :rolleyes:
I've only got ickle hands and can't reach with standard set so have had adjustables on mine for the last 3 years.

stef
12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
will do,
i have been in touch with the seller already, and he says he has both types(8 and 12mm pivot hole) question is which one do we need. i'll measure up tomorow.

Phoenix
12-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Blimey - they have to get all techincal don't they !
Oh well maybe i'll measure mine too. What years your bike Stef ?

stef
13-12-2004, 06:30 AM
its a 95 m600

DesmoDog
13-12-2004, 11:30 AM
great price - I was looking at something similar on the hill here and they wanted £60 each!! They were bloddy lovely, but I had to umm and ahhh and resolve to save and replace one at a time. Now at this price I'll live with only four points of adjustment.

stef
22-12-2004, 07:30 AM
right, after two attempts, i finally got the right ones.
(the 8mm are not the right ones. my fault, i was measuring the wrong thing).
the 12mm fit though.
the finish is quite rough, they are cast, not billet, and not the best cast ever.
i might try to improve on that by filing/sanding/repolishing.. that should be possible init ?
I had to file 0.5mm of the mounting brackets, they were a bit tight. but now, the fit is spot on.
the adujstements are resonable and gets you probably about 2cm of range.
conclusion are: a cheap, cheap looking adjustable that just about does the job.

Phoenix
22-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Ok thanks for the update Stef :)

DesmoDog
22-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Right well then I think I'll go for the much denero billet ones I saw on the hill. I'll get the name and do a web trawl, bound to be able to reduce the cost a bit.

paul620sie
22-12-2004, 02:51 PM
I bought adjustable levers at teh track day.... best thing i have done to improve my clutch control.