PDA

View Full Version : Post wash M1000 probs

markwade
08-12-2004, 07:56 PM
During the summer months after washing my M1000, sometimes after I've really soaked the engine the bike doesn't run right for a while!!. Its starts OK but runs quite rough and refuses to rev, when this happens I've been through all the engine management sensor plugs/sockets that have become wet and given them a good dose of wd40, eventually this cures the prob but to date I haven't been able to pin down which wet connector is causing the trouble, my hot favourite is the crank sensor so I've re-routed the cable and managed to get the plug/skt out of harms way under the tank. Has anyone else out there had similar trouble and managed to get to the bottom of the cause??.

claicerrig
09-12-2004, 09:49 AM
My brother has a 5 mth old multistrada and it has just had a new complete wiring loom. :eek: :eek: warrenty change

It was Caused by water running down into the main connector block.This caused corrosion which eventually caused a short which fried the wiring hence the change.

Try looking there just in case

Best of Luck

Clai

mick
13-12-2004, 02:42 PM
I used to ge this on my 900ie..turned out to be the front HT connector.It was loose and would not tighten up.I managed to cut some off the lead and screw the HT cap on tight.

Mick