PDA

View Full Version : 2001 M750 not starting.....

SteveSki
07-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Hello there......

Only a slight problem...........Carbon Elecktra has been standing for a while (how I miss her) and after going down to start her the other day, to my surprise she wouldn't turn over? I tried and tried and she eventually did, so I took her out to fill her up, went to start her up at the garage and no go untill the 20th time......

Not too sure what the problem is but maybe it could be the saftey/pain in the arsey/ engine cut off switch on the stand? and because she's been standing for so long, could have got stuck?

Would this be a plausable reason? or am I going to be spending silly amounts of money?

Any help would be much appreciated.....

Thanks

Steve

A Yerbury
07-12-2004, 11:27 AM
sounds like the battery innit.

SteveSki
07-12-2004, 12:00 PM
innit?! i'm no chav.......

I thought if it was the battery, she wouldn't start at all......

A Yerbury
07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
of course, sorry I cant seem to read at all today. If the batt is low, performance will still be a bit wobbly, I doubt its the switch (remove it, its rubbish) or a fuel problem just the usual batt/plug/damp electrics situation. charge the batt, wipe down plugs bung some pro fst in the tank and maybe try your warmers if you have them? on mine the on position was in line with the braid. yours maybe different.

innit.

SteveSki
07-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Well tanks for da advice G, i'll give it a go and see what da score is........

Big up yourself.........

DesmoDog
13-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Wha -appen? did you get the thing started or not? I'm still having trouble with my baby

SteveSki
14-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Haven't had the chance to play yet..........will try tonight and let you know how I get on.......if i break her into tiny pieces or not.......

DesmoDog
14-12-2004, 10:04 AM
ah the hammer option - one I consider on an almost weekly basis.

SteveSki
14-12-2004, 10:19 AM
It's amazing how something so beautiful and so grin inducing, can make you want to get the superman theme tune out of it........