PDA

View Full Version : Blueflame cans

caro'n'rich
05-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Any one using Blueflames? they look amazing, but what are they like? Do they improve performance or are they just tart-wear?

Dumb question but cost is advertised at £530 - (for the Titanium Coloured oval which are advertised as suitable for the monster dark 600) - is that for the pair, or will it set me back the cost of half a new bike to buy 2?

The 'Rich half of the team despairs....
Caro

queen_gpants
06-12-2004, 09:11 AM
I've had Blueflame exhausts on my nc30 and GSXR600 and they were fab! They sound gorgeous and after fitting them to my stock nc30 I gained an extra 6bhp :)

£530 for a pair of cans sounds about right....go on buy something a bit different for your monnie!

A Yerbury
06-12-2004, 09:57 AM
personally I wouldnt go that much wonga on a 600, performance gains arent worth it just for cans, although they are nice, for that price I'd go for a 2nd hand remus, sil, art (poss new even) then spend the rest on dyno jet for the carb and air box mods. then youd be looking at 4-6 bph which on a low bhp bike is 10 % and where its needed too, lower the front sprocket while you are at it to give your 600 that zesty feeling.
Alex.

Richard_S
06-12-2004, 06:35 PM
I'd put money on u having the best tracey island. mine had too many bumpy bits ;)

Mand
06-12-2004, 06:44 PM
My bloke has high level Blueflames on his VTR (yeah I know it's a H*nda!) but they look fabulous and they sound the business - he reckons they would give you about 2 to 3 bhp extra but he reckons you would notice it more on a track than on the road.

You would best to check to with the manufacturer to see if you need to have the bike re-tuned.

Mand the Messenger :)

A Yerbury
06-12-2004, 06:45 PM
they were the best bits!

Richard_S
06-12-2004, 06:48 PM
would have agreed with you but I grounded fab1. twas parkers fault tho... bastard was tickling me all over and needed a firm slap

A Yerbury
06-12-2004, 06:50 PM
he is a horse faced oik so probably deserved..nee enjoyed it.

lox
18-12-2004, 03:35 PM
I had a some twin port Evo's on my M900 before I sold it :( they were OK :twisted: but you will need a stage 1(at least) if you run them without the baffals. I paid £400 for two new ss oval cans
Rich :burnout:

Fosse Foxfight
19-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Any one using Blueflames? they look amazing, but what are they like? Do they improve performance or are they just tart-wear?

Dumb question but cost is advertised at £530 - (for the Titanium Coloured oval which are advertised as suitable for the monster dark 600) - is that for the pair, or will it set me back the cost of half a new bike to buy 2?

The 'Rich half of the team despairs....
Caro
530 is for the pair......they are gorgeous looking, they do sound yummy, but talk to the guys at Bladerunner Racing www.bladerunners.co.uk . From what I can remember a set of twin outlet Blueflame Evos on an unjetted/unchipped engine can drop.....yes drop your power.
As Yerbs said go for the Dynojet/chip route first with a good air filter and then consider the pipes........reckon you can still get a decent set of road legal ss pipes for 350. Look in the back pages of MCN.

ta ra me ducks